3G: Poised At The Door
- Nortel launches `Inca' PBX. Rohde, David // Network World;06/14/99, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p8
Reports on Nortel Networks' entry into the enterprise Internet protocol (IP) telephony market. Introduction of Nortel's Layer 3 routing switch for data nets; Nortel's acquisition of Bay Networks; Nortel's desire to serve users unwilling to throw away their private branch exchanges.
- Roth says call center is Nortel's next big step. Johnston, Margret // InfoWorld;02/14/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p62B
Focuses on the help offered by Nortel Networks company to integrate customers' Web experience with assistance from call center agents. Information on the acquisition of Clarify company by Nortel; Impact of Nortel's experience with the unified network concept; Significance of including human...
- Internet. Kopf, David // America's Network;07/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 13, p33
Focuses on developments related to the Internet industry in North America, current as of July 1, 1998. Atlanta, Georgia-based TransNexus' development of an inter-carrier connection service for Internet telephony service providers; Brampton, Ontario-based Nortel Communications Systems' plan to...
- NORTEL'S ROTH GETS RELIGIOUS OVER INTERNET $$$. Smith, Ray // America's Network;07/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the dedication of Nortel company to Internet industry. Statement issued by John Roth, chief executive officer of Nortel; Projected growth of electronic commerce; Areas in electronic commerce wherein Nortel's business is engage with.
// Inter@ctive Week;11/8/99, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p78
Presents news briefs on the Internet industry as of November 1999. Complaints on the annual report of Microsoft Corp.; Investment of Nortel Networks in two Canadian optical network equipment plants; Decision of Banyan company to discontinue its software business.
- $5M in paws of QuikCAT.com thanks to investment by Nortel. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p16
Reports that Ohio-based Internet company QuickCAT.Com Inc. has received investment from Nortel Networks Inc. to advance products designed to improve the speed of wireless communications. Amount in investment received by QuickCat; Nortel's signing of a licensing agreement to incorporate...
- GIVING CONTROL BACK TO THE CUSTOMERS. McCright, John S.; Rendleman, John // eWeek;08/07/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p39
Reports that Sybase Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp. have rolled out software that provides platforms for integrating network service providers' broad array of operational support systems. Difficulty that telecommunications firms have in supplying customer care services that go with advanced...
- Nortel Bakes A Bigger Dial-Up Switch. Spangler, Todd // Inter@ctive Week;05/22/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p100
Reports on the plan of Nortel Networks to announce an upgrade to its dial-up access switch in May 2000. Capabilities of the upgraded dial-up switch; Significance of high density; Features of the CVX 1800 switch.
- Nortel to consolidate Latin American wireless operations. Benavides, Doris // InfoWorld;01/15/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p48A
Focuses on the decision of Nortel Networks company to consolidate its Latin American wireless and local Internet access operations in 2001. Plan of Ellis Sinyor, vice president for Latin American operation of Nortel; Benefit offered by Nortel's merger with Telefonica; Growth rate expected by...