India's Integra Strives For Freedom From Wires
- Report Asks: Is It Time To Blow Taps For WAP? // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/28/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p35
Focuses on wireless application protocol (WAP)-based microbrowser technology. Assessment on the performance of WAP services; Relevance of WAP services to network operators and end-users; Impact of proprietary solutions on WAP.
- WAP Forum Finds Promoter. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p1
Deals with the promotion of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), a standard for microbrowsers that enable smart phones to make voice calls and access the Internet. Appointment of WAP Forum Chief Executive Officer Scott Goldman; Overview of the WAP Forum.
- WIRELESS. Daniels, Guy // Telecom Asia;Nov2000, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p96
Focuses on the limited capabilities of wireless application protocol (WAP). Purpose of the WAP protocol; Operating system to which WAP can be built; Capabilities of several WAP versions; Importance of browser and gateway efficiency to WAP site accessibility; Issues concerning security of...
- MARK MY WORDS. Campbell, Alan Gary // Electronic Musician;2003 Supplement, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the document markup languages beneficial for electronic musicians. Compatibility of HyperText Markup Language (HTML) with different browsers; Requirement in deploying Wireless Application Protocol on a Web site; Difference of Handheld Device Markup Language with HTML.
- WAP 2.0 Adds Color, Customization. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p27
Introduces the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) 2.0 microbrowser specifications. Integration of extensible hyptertext markup language coding and Internet-style security into the technology; Key features of the graphical user interface of WAP 2.0.; Advantages of the technology.
- Browser wars. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;01/29/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the entry of the i-mode browser technology from NTT DoCoMo in the market dominated by Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). Joint venture of the company with Telecom Italia Mobile and KPN Mobile; Types of browsers used by Hutchison handsets; Call of Nokia for WAP version 2; Reasons...
- Integrated mobile app suite. // Telecom Asia;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p38
Reports that Innvo Systems' integrated mobile application suite, called JuzzMobile, brings together a wireless application protocol (WAP) browser, multimedia messaging client and Java virtual machine for handset manufacturers. Ability to be customized to meet a broad range of requirements; Use...
- Community service. Lane, Nick // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2008, p30
This article focuses on developments in Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) services. WAP services have not received the same kind of coverage as Apple's iPhone and other mobile browsing platforms recently. But WAP proponents say it is gaining momentum due to social networking and messaging...
- Of Mobile Birth. Hogan, Mike // Entrepreneur;Sep2000, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p70
Deals with the developments in the mobile communication systems in the United States. Features of the Communiport Mobile Productivity Center developed by Delphi Automotive Systems; Forecast on the growth of shipments for wireless consumer information appliances by 2004; Steps taken towards Web...