Leap Lures Former Mattel Exec
- New Execs Guide Carriers Ahead. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the appointment of Sue Swenson as president of Leap Wireless International just as GTE Wireless named Ralph Martinez as area president for its California business in 1999. Appointment of Swenson as chief executive officer for Leap's United States subsidiary Cricket Communications;...
- Swenson named Leap president. // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p17
Announces the appointment of Susan Swenson as president of Leap Wireless International Inc. and chief executive officer of Leap's United States subsidiary, Cricket Communications Inc.
- Leap Wireless Selects New CEO. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the selection of Leap Wireless International Inc. on William Freeman as the CEO for its main subsidiary, Cricket Communications Inc. Number of years of Freeman in the telecom industry; Previous experiences of Freeman in the telecommunications industry; Need of Leap International for...
- WEEK IN REVIEW TOP BUSINESS NEWS: JUNE 16 - 22, 2006. // San Diego Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p45
The article offers news briefs related to business in the U.S. from June 16, 2006 to June 22, 2006. San Diego, California-based Sempra Energy has hired Jessie J. Knight away from the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce. According to Leap Wireless International Inc., the company is offering...
- FIVE MAGIC WORDS: 'GIVE ME A BIGGER CHALLENGE' // Fortune;9/21/1992, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p56
Profiles Jill Barad, president and chief-operating officer at Mattel, in charge of a staff of 1,000 worldwide. Her background with the company, including her work with Barbie dolls; Her comments on the company.
- Jill Barad. // People;5/9/94, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p109
Profiles Mattel Inc. president and chief operating officer Jill Barad, one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world in 1994 according to `People Weekly' magazine. Views on Barbie doll as a role model; Vibrant looks; Family.
- Leap Reports On First Year. // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p31
Presents a report on subscribers growth for Leap Wireless International Inc. Business loses of Leap; Expansion plans.
- FRAUD TRIPS UP LEAP WIRELESS, RESULTING IN ANALYST CONCERNS. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;6/10/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the admission of Leap Wireless that a percentage of its customers at the end of the first quarter of 2002 may have been involved with fraud. Concerns of financial analysts over the company; Amount of fraud involved; Reduction of the earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation...
- Leap acquires PCS licenses in Florida. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p19
Focuses on issues related to the telecommunication company Leap Wireless International Inc. in San Diego, California.