Vodafone Scores With Prime Minister
- Vodafone takes a global view of brand-building. Darby, Ian // Campaign;2/9/2001, Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the business success of Vodafone mobile company in Great Britain. Historical background of the company; Advertising accounts of the company; Global outlook of Vodafone.
- Parental control. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;7/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p10
Comments on the need for the U.S. wireless telecommunication industry to implement parental controls protecting minors from wireless pornography applications. Factors that contribute to the prevalence of wireless pornography applications; Efforts of Vodafone UK and other British mobile...
- Vodafone goes on the defensive. Lester, Robert // Marketing Week;2/10/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p9
Reports that Vodafone UK Ltd. has launched an advertising campaign to dispel the myths about the level of service it offers its customers in Great Britain. Aim of the campaign to cut the company's production rate; Citation of other initiatives to counter the poor view on its services; Quotations...
- Vodafone to halt non-3G adspend. // Marketing (00253650);11/17/2004, p5
The article reports that Vodafone UK Ltd. is to cease advertising support for its non-3G services early next year to drive take-up of its next generation offering. The mobile giant has allocated a substantial war chest to its 3G service, which was finally launched last week. It is targeting...
- Vodafone pools Â£800m business. Johnson, Sarah // Marketing (00253650);9/2/2009, p6
The article reports on the appointment of OMD to handle the international media planning and buying account of mobile phone operator Vodafone Ltd. in Great Britain. It notes that the auction for the business was led by Vodafone global brand director David Wheldon and global media director...
- Untitled. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;11/16/2010, p69
The article focuses an analysis by Ovum Ltd. according to which mobile operators will be forced to merge their networks to the next generation of mobile broadband. According to Emeka Obiod, a telecom analyst, this movement to the new technology such as Long-Term Evolution (LTE)...
- British press gets snippy about Blair's hair. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;11/19/96, Vol. 88 Issue 248, p8
Focuses on the reports in British newspaper about Tony Blair's hair, leader of the British Labour Party. Relationship between Blair's hair, and victory in general elections; Response of Labour Party spokesman Alistair Campbell to news report on Blair's hair; Comparison of women supporters for...
- Carole Morin. // New Statesman;May97 Supplement, Vol. 126 Issue 4332, p110
Talks about the parallels between Tony Blair and the author's grandmother who rely on gin to cheer herself up. Move of the grandmother into a flat that she did not decorate; Fascination with Bob Brown of the Liberal Democrats; Bruiser Brown's plans for capital gains tax.
- Tony Blair is no closet Tory. Atken, Ian // New Statesman & Society;8/5/94, Vol. 7 Issue 314, p8
Profiles Labor Party prime ministerial candidate Tony Blair. Background on Blair; Start of political career; Opinion on single-parent families; Proposals on job creation.