Sommer's Global Spree Positions Telekom
- It's Ron Sommer Calling-Again. Wallace, Chris // Time;7/31/2000, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p32
Mentions Ron Sommer, top executive at the German telephone company Deutsche Telekom. Efforts to make Deutsche a global telecommunications company with proposed mergers; Interest in VoiceStream Wireless, a Bellevue, Washington firm that uses the same GSM standard as European phone companies.
- DT vote on Sommer instigates talk of VoiceStream sale. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on the potential consolidation of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. owned by German telecommunications company Deutsche Telekom (DT). Value of the deal; Expected benefits of the combined operations of the two companies; Information on DT chief executive Ron Sommer.
- New CEO Could Mean New Owner For VoiceStream. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p12
Reports on the resignation of Ron Sommer as chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom in July 2002. Rationale behind his resignation; Impact of the resignation on VoiceStream Wireless Corp.; Plans of interime Chief Executive Officer Helmut Sihler for the company.
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;12/07/98, Vol. 235 Issue 23, p8
Presents news and information concerning the telecommunication industry in the United States as of December 7, 1998. Includes Use of Internet TV to introduce enabling technology; Preference of consumers for Internet access rather than a television or telephone; Deutsche Telecom head Ron...
- Czech government seeks safeguards from DT. Hoelscher, Greg // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2000, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the economic impact of the agreement between Deutsche Telekom and the federal government of Czech Republic. Background on the entry of Deutsche in the mobile market; Interest of Deutsche in biding for ceske radiokomunikace; Speculations on the effect of the bid on the ability of...
- Curb that xenophobia. Pearce, Alan // America's Network;11/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p28
Focuses on xenophobia of the United States (U.S.) government when it comes to foreign companies acquiring the assets of U.S.-owned telecommunication firms. Company Deutsche Telekom plans to acquire; Complaint of House and Senate members to the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative; Regulators...
- Deutsche Telekom Appears Ready To Shop. Cantwell, Rebecca // Inter@ctive Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the global acquisition activities of Deutsche Telekom AG. Estimated acquisition spending of the company; Plans to acquire regional telecommunication companies in the United States; Growth strategy of Deutsche.
- Telekom's Bid For VoiceStream: The Right Market At Right Time? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Focuses on the merger deal inked by Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream Wireless Inc. in the United States. Concerns over the deal; Significance of the deal; Business expansion moves of Deutsche Telekom on the eastern front.
- DT's Sommer resigns. // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p17
Reports on the resignation of Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom. Reason for resignation; Career background; Contributions to the company.