Guard Band Auction's Bidders Questionable
- No go? // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 24, p4
Focuses on the auction schedule of the MHz swath of spectrum in the U.S. Postponement of bidding for television channels; Plans to roll out wireless service in rural areas; Pressure on the Federal Communication Commission to cancel the auction.
- Irrational Exuberance Over 3G? Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;05/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on the auction of universal telecommunication system licenses in Great Britain in May 2000. Significance of the auction; Information on the trials of third generation communication system.
- Regulator to auction 800MHz spectrum in August. // 2.5G-4G;Jun2013, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p3
The author explores the digital dividend auction announced by the Communications Regulatory Authority of Lithuania, which also announced that it has attached a coverage obligation to one auction lot and is expected to start on August 8, 2013.
- OFCA finalizes terms for Q1 2.5GHz-2.6GHz auction. // 2.5G-4G;Aug2012, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p3
The article places emphasis on the decision of the Office of the Communications Authority (OFCA), telecommunications regulator of Hong Kong, China, to finalize its terms for an auction of technology-neutral 2.5 gigahertz (GHz)-2.6GHz mobile frequency licenses in the first quarter of 2013.
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy Anderson // RCR;04/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p59
Opinion. Comments on the C-block personal communications services (PCS) auction in the United States. Comment about the C-block auction and the bidders.
- ITA suggests private radio come out strong against auctions. Wayne, Debra // RCR;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p42
Reports that the Industry Telecommunications Association has suggested that private radio users in the United States should come out strong against spectrum auctions. How spectrum auctions have been used by legislators; Comments from Cathy Reid, the majority counsel for the House Commerce...
- CTU to auction 4G spectrum. // European Telecom;Jan2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the plan of telecommunication regulator the Czech Telecommunications Office (CTU) to auction fourth generation (4G) frequencies in the country and hopes to encourage a fourth player to enter the market in Czech Republic.
- PCS auctions could last months at current bids. Wayne, Debra // RCR;10/28/96, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p2
Comments on the length of the bidding of personal communications services auctions held in the United States. Details on events delaying the bidding. Views of Taylor Simmons, an analyst; Value of the company's net revenue.
- PCS auction over, nets $2.5 billion. Wayne, Debra // RCR;01/20/97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on a personal communications service auction which closed on January 14, 1997, in the United States. Sum of money generated from the auction; Involvement of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC); Comments from the FCC Chairman Reed Hundt; Duration of the bidding cycle last; Number...