Their Wireless Window
- SBC wireless adds 305,000 subs in 2Q. // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p22
Reports on SBC Communications Inc.'s announcement that its wireless business added 305,000 net wireless subscribers during the second quarter of 1999.
- SBC picks Logica router, gateway. // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p26
Reports on SBC Wireless' selection of Logica's integrated Message Application Router and SMS Interworking Gateway to expand its wireless data services.
- Southwestern Bell launches in Tulsa. // RCR;05/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p15
Presents information on the launching of the 1900 MHz Time Division Multiple Access network in Tulsa, Oklahoma, by Southwestern Bell Wireless company. Features of the network; How the network functions; Areas covered by the network.
- News BRIEFS. // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p28
Reports on developments in the wireless communication industry for the period ended July 31, 2000 including SBC Communications Inc.'s sale of its wireless property in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The stepchild. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/03/99, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p5
Comments on the wireless communication system of the United States. Networks acquired by SBC; Speculation on reason SBC acquired networks with complicated technologies; Average monthly revenue of AT&T.
- SBC on the Digital Edge. Myers, Alphonso // Telephony;06/19/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 25, p28
Focuses on how the flat-rate wireless calling plan of SBC Communications has helped the company compete with other telecommunications companies in the United States. Statement from Rob Norcross, vice president of Mercer Management Consulting; Reactions from other telecommunications companies;...
- New Acquisition, New Rate Plans. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p50
Announces news in the wirelss telecommunicatin industry. Rate plans by Cellular One for wireless communications system; Significance of the acquisition of Ameritech Corp. by SBC Communications Inc.; Competition on the prices of wireless telecommunication service in Illinois area.
- D.C. briefs. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p28
Presents news briefs pertaining to telecommunication policies in the United States as of February 21, 2000. Includes SBC Communications' failure to sufficiently open its local exchange market in Texas; Senators' call for Federal Communications Commission Chairman William Kennard to complete...
- SBC reports increased domestic subscriber revenues. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p27
Reports the revenue generated by SBC Communications Inc. in San Antonio, Texas as of June 2000. Percentage increase in total customers; Increase in domestic subscriber revenue; Details on the total amount of operating revenues, net income and stock earnings.