- Mass maintains dominance in thriving RTA segment. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;8/12/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p23
Discusses the dominance of U.S. mass retailers in the ready-to-assemble (RTA) furniture sector. Forecasts of wholesale furniture shipments in 2002 from the American Furniture Manufacturers Association; Warehouse clubs' effort to pursue opportunities in upholstered furniture.
- Hunkering down not the best tactic for success. Wyman, Lissa // Furniture/Today;2/18/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p24
The article comments on economic trends and developments relevant to the furniture industry in the U.S. as of February 2008. Wholesalers and retailers are encouraged to participate in product presentations while vendors are encouraged to make new products. Key economic difficulties for the...
- Fall may bring sales uptick. Mclntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;6/9/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p2
The article presents a forecast for the furniture industry in Richmond, Virginia for the fall of 2008. The sales of furniture and bedding will recover but the rebound will be modest. There will be a four percent decline in retail sales to $83 billion while wholesale shipments are seen to follow...
- DesignConcept builds European talent base. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p5
Reports that a trio of Danish furniture companies is to spearhead Edinburgh retailer DesignShop's full-scale move into the wholesale market. Formation of DesignConcept to separate the wholesale operation from the retail store; Commitment of the company to offering European designs.
- Divided loyalties? // Cabinet Maker;6/17/2005, Issue 5443, p22
The article reports on the convergence between wholesalers and retailers in the furniture trade in Great Britain. The importers work in partnerships with a group of manufacturers to produce a unique furniture range. According to Turkesh Redif, owner of a wholesale business, a retail unit allows...
- French furniture manufacturer moves into wholesale. // Cabinet Maker;3/4/2011, Issue 5727, p4
The article reports on the move of French Furniture Revolution to sell bespoke French furniture in West Sussex, England.
- Vegas mart sports container theme. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;03/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the proposed World Market Center furniture wholesale market in Las Vegas, Nevada, as of March 5, 2001. Details of the architectural design proposed by Jerde Partnership International for the planned market.
- One Home To Rule Them All. Knight, Paul // Cabinet Maker;10/24/2014, Issue 5906, p16
The article presents comments made by Paul Knight, the general manager of furniture company One Home UK, on the company's wholesale market. He states that One Home UK plans to develop the wholesale market by offering the right products with good quality and the right pricing in Great Britain. He...
- Lean stocks boost Tupelo buying. Evans, Gary; Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;8/24/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that order writing has increased at the Tupelo Furniture Market in Tupelo, Mississippi on August 14-16, 2009. It says that Retailers were starting to rebuild lean inventories for what they expect will be an increase in their business. According to V.M. Cleveland, chief...