- When gossip comes true... // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p1
Focuses on the business failure of Conroys, a retail furniture firm. Reason for the failure; Impact on its consumers.
- Gypsies 'no trouble' for Conroys as sales increase. Stanton, Justin // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p6
Reports on the sales gain posted by Conroys' furniture store in Tyne & Wear in July 1998 despite the presence of gypsy caravans on Conroys' car park in Great Britain. Group sales; Conroys' decision to quit buying group Associated Independent Stores.
- Newcastle. // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p10
Presents the evaluation of furniture shops in Newcastle, England as part of the weekly Mystery Shopper report. Conroys as the winner of the best shop category; Categories rated.
- Bee to take Conroys stake. // Cabinet Maker;09/15/2000, Issue 5205, p1
Informs that Simon Bee has joined Great Britain-based Conroys as part-time deputy chairman and is set to receive an equity stake in the furniture store chain.
- Conroys Portrack Junction Retail Park. // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p10
Comments on the quality of customer service and products offered by Conroys furniture store at Portrack Junction Retail Park in Great Britain.
- Conroys pulls plug on store expansion plans. // Cabinet Maker;06/21/2002, Issue 5292, p1
Reports the plan of furniture maker Conroys regarding its SofaZone stores in England. Stores that will be closed in June 2002; Update on the expansion plans in Yorkshire; Implications for growth.
- Northern chain Conroys moves south as southern chain Furnitureland moves north. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/14/97, Issue 5064, p4
Reports on the expansion efforts of British furniture retail firms Furnitureland and Conroys. Opening of Furnitureland's 18th outlet on the Trafford Retail Park in Manchester, England; Opening of five Conroys branches in Yorkshire in 1998.
- Lack of signs provokes Conroy's Leeds protest. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/20/98, Issue 5076, p8
Presents news briefs related to the furniture industry in England, as of February 20, 1998. Includes protest action staged by Conroy's Inc. executive Michael Conroy over the lack of road signs to a retail park in Leeds, where a branch of the furniture chain is located; Transformation of Sofa...
- Conroys orders to be honoured. // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2002, Issue 5300, p1
Reports on the purchase of three furniture stores of Conroys and its order book by Furniture Village.