Editor's quiz: GI snapshot
- Evolution of a Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm. Kawasaki, Shingo; Kawasaki, Tatsuya // New England Journal of Medicine;3/22/2007, Vol. 356 Issue 12, p1251
This article presents computed tomographic images of the evolution of a thoracic aortic aneurysm over the course of 10 years.
- Intraoperative Endoleak During EVAR: Frequency, Nature, and Significance. Sampaio, Sergio M.; Shin, Susanna H.; Panneton, Jean M.; Andrews, James C.; Bower, Thomas C.; Cherry, Kenneth J.; Duncan, Audra A.; Kalra, Manju; Gloviczki, Peter // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p352
Objective: Endoleaks are critical complications of endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR). This study sought to determine the frequency and nature of intraoperative endoleaks and their impact on postoperative endoleak-related events. Methods: A retrospective chart review was...
- Predictive Value of Conventional Computed Tomography. Posacioglu, Hakan; Islamoglu, Fatih; Apaydin, Anil Ziya; Parildar, Mustafa; Yagdi, Tahir; Calkavur, Tanzer; Buket, Suat // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p172
The present study aimed to evaluate the diagnostic reliability of computed tomography in determining the proximal extent of abdominal aortic aneurysms and the possibility of infrarenal clamping, Preoperative computed tomographic findings, together with the operative data for 95 patients, were...
- SESAP Critique. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p310
Examines the process of acute aortic dissection. Application of transesophageal echocardiography; Indication of computed tomography; Observation of the magnetic resonance angiography.
- Infrarenal Rupture of an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Previously Repaired Using an Endoaneurysmorrhaphy Technique. Zatina, Michael A.; Wilkerson, Donald K. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p71
Presents a case of a patient with infrarenal rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm in Baltimore, Maryland. Results of the computed tomography scan; Exposure of disease wall to tensile stresses from pulsatile column of blood; Complications of the disease.
- Education: Viewpoint - Abdominal aortic aneurysm. // GP: General Practitioner;11/24/2014, p6
The article offers information on Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) which occurs when there is an increase of the blood vessel aorta by more than 50 percent in diameter. Topics discussed include symptoms of AAA involving dizziness or nausea, hypertension and tachycardia, investigation of AAA...
- Percutaneous Repair of Abdominal Aortic Pseudoaneurysm by Catheter-Based Delivery of Thrombin. Geckeis, Katrin; Eggebrecht, Holger; Schmermund, Axel; Kühl, Hilmar; Niebel, Wolfgang; Omlor, Gerhard; Erbel, Raimund // Journal of Endovascular Therapy (Allen Press Publishing Services;Apr2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p264
Purpose: To present a case in which thrombin was injected percutaneously to treat an aortic pseudoaneurysm. Case Report: A 63-year-old man developed a large pseudoaneurysm in the abdominal aorta after surgical fenestration and patch aortoplasty for acute type B aortic dissection with...
- Mycotic Coronary Artery Aneurysm Detected by Gallium67 Scintigraphy. Chua, Roderick; Rees, David // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p101
A 71-year-old man presented with fever and positive blood cultures for methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus 4 days after an uncomplicated intra-luminal abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. Investigations looking for a source of sepsis including computerized tomography scans, transoesophageal...
- Visceral Patch Rupture after Repair of Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Gasparis, Antonios P.; Da Silva, Monica S.; Semel, Lawrence // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p491
Evaluates the rupture of visceral patch after the repair of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm. Use of interposition grafts for the success of revascularization of the visceral vessels; Development of hypovolemic shock and abdominal pain after the repair; Performance of computed tomography.