Diagnostic challenge in autoimmune pancreatitis: beware of shipwreck!
- Autoimmune Pancreatitis and Treatment Approaches with Case Reports. Ünalp, Ömer; Erol, Varlık; Yeniay, Levent; Öztürk, Şafak; Çoker, Ahmet // Balkan Medical Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p431
Objective: In this study, we aimed to review retrospectively the data of 10 patient who were treated and followed-up in our clinic and to review the current approaches in the diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune pancreatitis (AIP). Material and Methods: We reviewed 10 patients retrospectively...
- Editorial. Fierabracci, Alessandra // Current Pharmaceutical Design;10/1/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p3092
No abstract available.
- Evaluating an Emerging Technique. Sturgeon, Cord // World Journal of Surgery;Dec2007, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p2307
The article focuses on studies which examine the bilateral axillo-breast approach for thyroidectomy in a cohort of patients with papillary microcarcinoma. The researchers study a technique that may be cosmetically more desirable for certain patients, but has not been proven to result in...
- Editorial. Lazarus, John H. // Immunology, Endocrine & Metabolic Agents - Medicinal Chemistry;Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p71
No abstract available.
- Special Considerations in Anesthesia for Laryngeal Cancer Surgery. Flory, Sonia; Appadurai, Ian R. // Otorhinolaryngology Clinics: An International Journal;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p185
The airway is not only shared but operated upon during laryngeal cancer surgery. Patients with laryngeal cancer may require general anesthesia for diagnostic endoscopic procedures, for endolaryngeal laser surgery or for major cancer resectional surgery. This review outlines the importance of...
- Diagnostics for tuberculosis: Time to usher in a new era. Rodrigues, C. // Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology;Jan2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p2
The article reflects on the significance of timely and accurate diagnostics in treating and controlling diseases. He mentions the negative effect of being not able to provide a diagnosis quickly. He notes that the lack of accessible diagnostic tools is a barrier in TB control worldwide. He...
- CATATONIA IS NOT ALL SCHIZOPHRENIA. Farooq, Saeed // Journal of Pakistan Psychiatric Society;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
The author reflects on the relationship of catatonia to schizophrenia, its classifications, and on the reasons why catatonia is the least studied. The author says one reason on the decreasing diagnosis of catatonia is its historical connection with schizophrenia, wherein its concept was first...
- Adalimumab in the therapy of uveitis in childhood. Mansour, Ahmad M. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Mar2007, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p274
The article relates the author's perspective on the efficiency of adalimumab in treating uveitis in childhood. The use of tumor necrosis factor antagonists for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and inflammatory bowel disease was also assessed. Its results show a...
- Combination treatment in autoimmune diseases--introduction. Harrison, W.B.; Dijkmans, B.A.C. // Springer Seminars in Immunopathology;Jun2001, Vol. 23 Issue 1/2, p3
Introduces articles about the use of combination treatment for autoimmune diseases published in the periodical 'Springer Seminars in Immunopathology'. Types of diseases that can be possibly treated with combination therapy; Experiences in combining disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs.