The Real Power of the Network is PoE
- Popular Tourist Destination Has a New Look on Safety. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2009, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p77
The article reports on the upgrade of video surveillance system at Universal CityWalk, Universal City, California. It discusses how the management prepared the plans for upgrading the system. Finally, the technology was installed by Climatec Building Technologies Group at a new Security Command...
- Security cameras may be coming. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;10/30/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 22, p1A
The article reports on the proposal of installation of security cameras in the courthouse in Young County, Texas to monitor the buildings, for surveillance and in order to keep a backup of information.
- Caught red-handed by the deputy head. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the analogue surveillance system upgraded by the Kingsmead School in Cheltenham, England. RedHand recording system and Pixord video server cameras supplied by Gardiner Security for the school; Remarks from Jerry Spence, managing director of RedHand, on the features of Pixord cameras.
- How Good Is License Plate Recognition? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p50
The article offers information about license plate recognition applications in video analytics.
- TRANSLATION OF LEGISLATION: BELGIUM. // Digital Evidence & Electronic Signature Law Review;2013, Vol. 10, p227
A summary is presented of the Royal Decree of February 10, 2008 in Belgium, which establishes the manner in which camera surveillance must be notified.
- IP for Sale. Rice, Derek // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p72
The article focuses on advancements in Internet protocol (IP) cameras which are expected to bring sales opportunities for the video surveillance industry. It mentions the emergence of two types of IP cameras such as capture and storage or transmission. However, it indicates that the industry has...
- The Intelligent Edge. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p63
The article offers information concerning the use of Internet protocol (IP) for communication among surveillance video equipment. Reportedly, centralized devices including digital video recorders had accepted the IP communications while an increase capability on devices located at the network...
- Eye in the sky slows crime at Southlake Town Square. Howe, Aleshia // Fort Worth Business Press;7/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p25
The article focuses on the installation of Internet Protocol (IP)-based video surveillance system with Sony IP video cameras at Southlake Town Square in Tarrant County, Texas in an effort to ward off crime inside the shopping center. According to Jim Blagg, assistant city manager/director of...
- 5 Out-of-the-Box Applications for Video Analytics. Whiteman, John // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p96
The article provides information on the five innovative applications of how video analytics is being used in the mid-range market. The author states that the PTZ cameras, which is equipped with intelligent video appliances is connected to a video projection unit and provide vision-guided...