Eliminating unnecessary physical restraints in the community: case studies from Aceh Province, Indonesia
- Is the physical restraint of clients ever entirely safe? Harbison, Iain; Allen, John; Rogers, Paul // Mental Health Practice;Feb2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
In this article, the authors argue that the proposal of the Great Britain Department of Health (DH) to expand the never events list, which were identified by the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA), is misguided. The never events list of NPSA includes eight patient safety events that are...
- Time for unrestrained debate. Parish, Colin // Mental Health Practice;Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue including one on the use of physical restraint calls for a review of current mental health practice, one on documenting the incidents of restraint, and one on asking the right questions to improve the...
- Charities seek greater transparency on restraint deaths. // Mental Health Practice;Dec2013, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the proposal from charities Inquest and Mind to conduct an investigation into incidents of restraint that resulted in serious untoward events, including patient deaths.
- Public reporting of restraint injuries could bring new dangers, groups warn. Levenson, Deboroh // AHA News;04/05/99, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p5
Deals with the effects of the federal legislation on public disclosure of psychiatric patients' deaths and serious injuries related to restraint in the United States. Information on Senator Joseph Lieberman's bill; Comments from the American Hospital Association (AHA); Role of the National...
- Guidelines for recording the use of physical restraint. Reeves, Jerry // Mental Health Practice;Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p22
Thorough documentation of incidents involving the use of restrictive physical intervention in mental health care is essential, but no single set of guidelines has been drawn up to define what should be recorded after such incidents have occurred. This article identifies the points that should be...
- Consultation aims to clarify restraint interventions. Parish, Colin // Mental Health Practice;Feb2014, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p7
The article discusses the draft guidance commissioned by the British Department of Health on the use of physical interventions by staff in mental health and learning disabilities services to deal with violence.
- Tell it to us straight. Parish, Colin // Mental Health Practice;Feb2014, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p5
The author reflects on the draft document commissioned by Great Britain Department of Health to address the use of physical interventions in dealing with aggression and violence in mental health and learning disabilities services.
- SHOWING RESTRAINT? MacAttram, Matilda // Mental Health Today;Jan/Feb2013, p10
No abstract available.
- Psychiatric hospital care among children and adolescents in Finland: a nationwide register study. Sourander, A.; Turunen, M.-M. // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;1999, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p105
Abstract This register study includes all patients under 18 years in Finland discharged from psychiatric inpatient treatment in 1990 (n = 818) and 1993 (n = 958). The prevalence of children and adolescents in the population who had previously been treated was about 78 per 10,000. The incidence...