The City-128 study of observation and outcomes
- Study: Cause for concern regarding care of young patients who present to the ED following an episode of deliberate self-harm. Brooks, Dorothy // ED Management;Apr2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p42
The article discusses the study conducted by the researchers at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, regarding the care provided for young patients presented to the emergency department (ED) due to self-harm. The study suggests that high percentage of the patients who visit ED were...
- Self-harm and life problems: findings from the Multicentre Study of Self-harm in England. Townsend, Ellen; Ness, Jennifer; Waters, Keith; Kapur, Navneet; Turnbull, Pauline; Cooper, Jayne; Bergen, Helen; Hawton, Keith // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Feb2016, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p183
Purpose:Self-harm is a major clinical problem and is strongly linked to suicide. It is important to understand the problems faced by those who self-harm to design effective clinical services and suicide prevention strategies. We investigated the life problems experienced by...
- Effective suicide prevention measures for teenagers in Japan. Ken Inoue; Yasuyuki Fujita // British Journal of Psychiatry;Oct2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4, p312
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Attempted Suicide v. Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: Behaviour, Syndrome or Diagnosis?" by A. M. Butler, and K. Malone in the previous issue.
- Effective suicide prevention measures for teenagers in Japan. Butler, Aine M.; Malone, Kevin // British Journal of Psychiatry;Oct2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4, p312
A response to the author of the article "Attempted Suicide v. Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: Behaviour, Syndrome or Diagnosis?" in the previous issue is presented.
- Risk and predictors of suicide and non-suicide mortality following non-fatal self-harm in Northern Taiwan. Chen, Vincent; Chou, Jen-Yu; Hsieh, Ti-Chen; Chang, Hung-Jung; Lee, Charles; Dewey, Michael; Stewart, Robert; Tan, Happy // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Oct2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p1621
Objective: To investigate the risk and predictors of suicide and non-suicide mortality after self-harm in a Taiwanese population. Method: Between July 2006 and June 2008, 3,299 individuals who harmed themselves were recruited to a population-based self-harm register in Taoyuan County, Taiwan....
- Charity offers free counselling services in bid to reduce self-harm and suicide. // British Journal of School Nursing;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p267
The article reports on the launch of mental health charity, MindFull, which will be offering free online professional counselling services to adolescents. In its report "Alone With My Thoughts," the charity revealed that two-thirds of young people in Great Britain believe adding mental health to...
- Impact of national policy initiatives on fatal and non-fatal self-harm after psychiatric hospital discharge time series analysis. Gunnell, David; Metcalfe, Chris; While, David; Hawton, Keith; Ho, Davidson; Appleby, Louis; Kapur, Nav // British Journal of Psychiatry;Sep2012, Vol. 201 Issue 3, p233
Background Risk of self-harm and suicide is greatly increased in the period after discharge from psychiatric in-patient care Aims To investigate the impact on suicide of a series of policy initiatives to enhance care in the immediate post-discharge period. Method A time series analysis was based...
- Suicide awareness workshop programme. // Mental Health Nursing;Oct2010, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the availability of a new course program entitled "Don't Be Afraid to Ask," which aims to explore self-harm and suicide issues relevant to children and young people in Great Britain.
- A national audit of joint mother and baby admissions to UK psychiatric hospitals: an overview of findings. Salmon, M. P.; Abel, Kathryn; Webb, R.; Warburton, A. L.; Appleby, L. // Archives of Women's Mental Health;2004, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p65
Summary The MarcÃ© Clinical Audit is an ongoing data collection exercise that gathers socio-demographic and clinical information about mothers and their infants, admitted jointly to specialist units in UK psychiatric hospitals. The maternal and parenting outcomes, in particular of mothers with...