20 years of developing European standards. Fieldwork and ongoing dialogue with governments
- The development of a scale to measure staff attitude to coercion. Husum, Tonje Lossius; Ruud, Torleif // BMC Psychiatry;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Previous studies have shown that there is considerable variation in the degree to which coercion is used in mental health institutions. This variation between institutions and even between wards is seen in many countries. Many factors have been put foreword to explain this variation in the use...
- Move It. // Old House Journal;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p16
Reports that McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts is offering five of its antique psychiatric patient cottages to anyone willing and able to move them to another location.
- Largest Mental Health Care Facilities. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p35
Ranks the largest mental health care facilities in the New Orleans, Louisiana area according to the number of licensed psychiatric beds. Top position taken by Southeast Louisiana Hospital; Number of admissions and outpatient visits in 2001; Affiliated clinics; Areas of specialization.
- Livonia to draw line with Northville. Duggan, Daniel // Crain's Detroit Business;6/30/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p3
The article reports that Northville Township in Michigan is running out of options in its attempt to control the redevelopment of a former psychiatric hospital. In August, voters will decide whether to move the boundaries of Livonia, Michigan to encompass the $800 million mixed-use project of...
- Largest mental health care facilities. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/23/99, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p34
Lists the largest mental health care facilities in New Orleans, Louisiana ranked by number of licensed psychiatric beds. Includes affiliated clinics; Areas of specialization; Number of 1998 admissions and outpatient visits; Contact information.
- High Royds Hospital, Menston, Ilkley. Mindham, Richard // British Journal of Psychiatry;Nov2015, Vol. 207 Issue 5, p419
A photograph is presented that shows the High Royds Hospital at Menston in Ilkley, England.
- From deinstitutionalization to the social enterprise. De Leonardis, Ota; Mauri, Diana // Social Policy;Fall92/Winter93, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p50
The article discusses the development of mental health hospitals from deinstitutionalization to social enterprise in Italy. In Italy, the term deinstitutionalization does not imply a radical political perspective that is against all institutions, nor is it synonymous with the administrative...
- Percentage of outpatient and inpatient admissions among psychiatric facilities. // AHA News;9/11/95, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p2
Presents graphs showing the annual percentage of outpatient and inpatient admissions among psychiatric facilities in the United States from 1992 to 1993.
- State settles suit regarding restraints. // AHA News;11/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p6
Reports on a settlement reached between Wisconsin officials and mental health advocates which limits the use of patient restraint or seclusion by mental health institutions. Provision for the appointment of an outside monitor; Mental health facilities involved in the issue.