Policies regarding coercive care in Swedish child and adolescent psychiatry
- The "Forced to help" study: study design, methods and epidemiological data. Engström, Ingemar // BMC Psychiatry;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Background The aim of the study was to examine coercive treatment in Swedish child and adolescent psychiatry from different scientific perspectives. The study was done in a multidisciplinary group comprised of researchers and PhD-students from child and adolescent psychiatry, law, philosophy,...
- Central ethical issues in coercive treatment of children and adolescents, with special reference to the reasoning of the staff members. Thorsén, Håkan // BMC Psychiatry;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Background The aim of the study was to describe the child and adolescent psychiatric staff opinions about ethical problems in relation to coercion, with specific focus on the ethical justification of different forms of coercion. Methods Two empirical studies were made. The first study used an...
- Justifications for coercive care in child and adolescent psychiatry, a content analysis of medical documentation in Sweden. Pelto-Piri, Veikko; Kjellin, Lars; Lindvall, Christina; Engström, Ingemar // BMC Health Services Research;2/19/2016, Vol. 16, p1
Background:There has been considerable interest in normative ethics regarding how and when coercive care can be justified. However, only a few empirical studies consider how professionals reason about ethical aspects when assessing the need for coercive care for adults, and even...
- Adolescents' perception of coercive treatment: conclusions and clinical implications. Engström, Ingemar // BMC Psychiatry;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Background The aim of the study was to describe how involuntarily and voluntarily admitted adolescents talk about their experiences from child and adolescent psychiatric care with special focus on coercion, participation and dialogue. Methods Twenty-one adolescents, ten involuntarily and eleven...
- Children's rights to participate in medical decisions, with special reference to coercive treatment. Svensson, Gustav // BMC Psychiatry;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Background The objective was to investigate legal rights of children with regard to medical matters, especially their right to make decisions of their own. Methods To fulfil the main objective traditional legal methods have been used. That means that above all the legal rules, the preparatory...
- Contents of Volume 11 (2002). // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;2002, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p301
Presents a table of contents comprising articles on child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Subject Index to Volume 11 (2002). // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;2002, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p300
Presents an index of subjects pertaining to child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Congress Announcements. // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p100
Presents information on several congresses about child and adolescent psychiatry.
- ABSTRACTS. // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;Jun2011, Vol. 20, p7
The article presents abstracts related to adolescent and children psychiatry including "Puzzling the Mosaic-Elucidating Functional Roles of Genes in Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Pathophysiology," by Tobias Renner, "Effects of Parents' Prenatal Attachment, Marital Satisfaction...