Weight management in a cohort of Irish inpatients with serious mental illness (SMI) using a modular behavioural programme. A preliminary service evaluation
- Weight Change in Diabetes and Glycemic and Blood Pressure Control. Feldstein, Adrianne C.; Nichols, Gregory A.; Smith, David H.; Stevens, Victor J.; Bachman, Keith; Rosales, A. Gabriela; Perrin, Nancy // Diabetes Care;Oct2008, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p1960
OBJECTIVE -- Weight loss in type 2 diabetes is undisputedly important, and data from community settings are limited. We evaluated weight change and resulting glycemic and blood pressure control in type 2 diabetic patients at an HMO. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS -- Using electronic medical...
- Non-pharmacological management of antipsychotic-induced weight gain systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Álvarez-Jiménez, Mario; Hetrick, Sarah E.; González-Blanch, Cesar; Gleeson, John F.; McGorry, Patrick D. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Aug2008, Vol. 193 Issue 2, p101
Background Antipsychotic-induced weight gain is a major concern in the treatment of psychosis. The efficacy of non-pharmacological interventions as well as the optimal intervention approach for this side-effect remain unclear. Aims To determine the effectiveness of non-pharmacological...
- Health tips. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Apr1999, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Provides tips on losing and gaining weight. Eating smaller portions; Choosing healthful cooking methods; Increase daily activity.
- The facts about yo yo dieting. Kosich, Daniel // IDEA Personal Trainer;Feb96, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the risks association with repeated cycles of weight loss and gain. Decreased body lean mass; Decreased resting metabolic rate; Increase of activity of lipoprotein lipase enzyme.
- Is your weight higher or lower vs. a year ago? Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Southeast Edition;10/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p18
Highlights findings of a survey conducted by the magazine `Adweek' on Americans' weight changes. Percentage of people who gained and lost weight; Gender differences.
- splendid, slim holidays. Kane, Emily A. // Better Nutrition;Dec2009, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p22
The article provides an answer to a question on how to lose weight and maintain it.
- Managing the Weight. // Heart & Soul;Sep/Oct98, Issue 29, p40
Tells stories of two women who succeed in their weight gain and weight loss activities. Key to managing a trimmer body; Importance of exercise and diet.
- Big fat lies and the skinny on diets. // Asian Pacific Post;12/17/2009, p5
The article addresses several misconceptions about weight loss.
- Losing weight can be a complicated process. // Active Living;Nov2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p21
The article discusses research being done on losing weight which references a study led by Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian in the "New England Journal of Medicine."