Structural brain change in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder identified by meta-analysis
- Whose Order is Being Disordered by ADHD? Hartmann, Thom // Tikkun;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p17
Presents an opinion on the belief that people with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are genetically dysfunctional. Metaphor for ADHD in children; Cause of ADHD; How to deal with children with ADHD.
- ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER WITH HYPERACTIVITY: A REVIEW AND IMPLICATIONS FOR THE CLASSROOM. O'Brien, Mildred A.; Obrzut, John E. // Journal of Special Education;Fall86, Vol. 20 Issue 3
Evaluates published research findings relating to various forms of intervention or treatment typically used in work with children suffering from attention deficit disorder (ADD) with hyperactivity. Doubts about the existence and prevalence of ADD; Summary of direct observation, drug treatment,...
- 100 Years of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Debunking the Myths. Selekman, Janice // Pediatric Nursing;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p79
Discusses myths and facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children. Description of the condition; Subtypes of ADHD; Nonpharmacologic interventions for ADHD.
- The Irvine Paraprofessional Program: Promising practice for serving students with ADHD. Kotkin, Ronald // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Nov/Dec1998, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p556
Describes the components of the Irvine Paraprofessional Program (IPP), preliminary research studies that support its efficacy, and the benefits of the model. Components of the program; Background of the program; Description of the IPP as an effective model for serving children with...
- Compare and contrast. Gordon, Michael // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Nov/Dec1998, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p613
Discusses the case experiences about attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorders (ADHD) in school children. Background of the case experiences.
- Identifying 'Special' Learners. Glazer, Susan Mandel // Teaching Pre K-8;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p102
Suggests ways to identify children with attention deficit disorder. Characteristics of a child with attention deficit hyperactive disorder; Professionals who can help assist special needs students; Steps to take in attending to an attention deficit disordered child.
- Medicating Boyhood. GRANGER, DAVID // Esquire;Apr2014, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p28
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editor discusses the diagnosis and treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) among children.
- We Need to Talk About Jonah. ROMM, ROBIN // O, The Oprah Magazine;Mar2016, p114
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting a five-year old boy named Jonah, who has attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Use of stimulants for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Coghill, David; Marcovitch, Harvey // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/16/2004, Vol. 329 Issue 7471, p907
Presents arguments for and against the use of stimulants for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). View of David Coghill that the condition is undertreated; Opinion of Harvey Markovitch that doctors should be cautious because of uncertainties related to diagnosis and treatment; The...