Frequency, course and correlates of alcohol use from adolescence to young adulthood in a Swiss community survey
- England and Wales top teen drinking. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;6/25/2008, p10
The article reports that teenagers in England and Wales are among the world's biggest young drinkers. Based on the report from the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children and the World Health Organisation, 52% of 15 year-old boys and 54% of girls have been drunk at least twice in Wales while a...
- More than 94% of Carolina bars serve underage drinkers. // Caribbean Business;3/20/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p51
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by Aspira regarding the Carolina Alcohol & Drug-Free Community Program in Puerto Rico. Study shows that some 94% of businesses selling alcoholic beverages in Carolina, Puerto Rico do not ask for age identification (ID) from youngsters who...
- WHISKEY AND THE YOUNG. // America;9/5/1942, Vol. 67 Issue 22, p604
The article discusses considerations regarding the validity and interpretations of statistics from the Bureau of Census on the death-rate for alcoholism. It states that the data from the said Bureau showing that only 1.9 percent of the 100,000 persons in 1940 died of alcoholism cannot be...
- Alcohol takes its toll on Europe's youth. Hagmann, Michael // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2001, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p380
Discusses studies on the impact of alcohol consumption on European youth. Percentage of countries with increased binge drinking or having five or more drinks in a row among their youths; Proportion of 16-year-olds whose intoxication rates increased; Statistics on alcohol use-related accidents.
- DATING DANGER. McPhee, Andy // Human Sexuality Supplement;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses issues related to alcohol use among teenagers.
- New York teen drinking decline; alcohol-related problems reduced. // Alcoholism Report;Sep93, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p8
Informs that the Research Institute of Addictions (RIA) is reporting a significant decline in the use of alcohol and in the number of alcohol-related problems in New York between 1983 and 1990, according to the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS). Study...
- Take our survey on underage sales. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;7/3/2014, Issue 155, p4
The article offers information on the short survey conducted by the periodical "Publican's Morning Advertiser" regarding the issue of underage sales in pubs and the British government's plan to increase fines for selling alcohol to youth under 18 years of age.
- fast times. // Cleo;Feb2011, p112
The article focuses on FebFast, the national health and charity campaign which challenges Australians to give up alcohol for the whole month of February and help raise funds for young people with serious drug and alcohol problems.
- The fine line. Farrington, Fiona; McBride, Nyanda; Milford, Richard // Youth Studies Australia;Sep2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p32
Deals with the School Health and Alcohol Harm Reduction Project (SHAHRP) 2000, an alcohol education program for teenagers in Australia. Selection criteria for young people's participation in the program; Perception of young people on drinking; Reasons for drinking alcohol.