In the Loop
- Feeding the dinosaurs: Economic concentration in the... Bekken, Jon // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter97/98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p3
Examines the still-emerging patterns of dominance in the United States (US) retail book sector. Structure of the book industry; Findings of the 1982 Census of Retail Trade; Historical overview on bookstore chains with high book sales; Implications of chain ownership; Conclusions.
- March store sales up 6%. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the increase in sales performance of retail book stores in the United States for March 1999.
- U.S. Publishing Industry. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring98, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p75
Discusses the status of the United States trade books. Effect on the revenues of bookstores on the decline in the US trade book sales in 1997; Exports in 1997; Statistic of US book industries' purchases, sales, production, employment and earnings from 1996 to 1997; US exports and import of books.
- Between the Lines. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;7/26/2002, Issue 664, p63
Presents an update related to the book industry of the U.S. as of July 26, 2002, such as the plan of bookseller Clara Villarosa to open a bookstore in New York City.
- Weak start for bookstore sales. // Publishers Weekly;3/29/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 13, p10
Reports that bookstore sales got off to a slow start in the United States in January 1999.
- Bookstore Sales Jump 20% in August. // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the increase in sales of retail bookstores in the United States in August 2000. Total sales for the month; Bookstore sales for the first eight months of the year.
- Nov. bookstore sales inch up. // Publishers Weekly;3/11/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p11
Reports that bookstore sales reached $712 million in November 1995.
- Superstore war waged on small fronts. Angel, Karen // Publishers Weekly;3/11/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p34
Reports on the entry of large bookstores in small cities. Growth of bookstores in Columbia, South Carolina and Gainesville, Florida; Impact of superstores on small bookstores; Sales at bookstores as of 1996.
- New Canaan Book Shop to Close; Store in Roslindale Opens. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;5/13/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 19, p28
Reports on bookstores in the U.S. as of May 13, 2002. Facts on the closing of the bookstore New Canaan Book Shop in New Canaan, Connecticut; Announcement on the opening of the Village Books bookstore in Roslindale, Massachusetts; Types of books focused by Village Books.