Borders.com Isn't Failing, Company Exec Says, It's Just Misunderstood
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p6
Reports developments related to the profitability of electronic publishers as of November 2000. Percentage increase in the first quarter revenues of HarperCollins; Impact of the development expenses of the eBookMan line on the decrease in the second quarter profits of Franklin Electronic...
- Content & Publishing. // Inter@ctive Week;10/26/98, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p37
Presents news briefs on online communications and publishing companies in the United States. Partnership between Excite Inc. and SportsLine USA Inc.; Distribution partnership of At Hand Network with GeoCities, LookSmart Ltd. and Wired Digital Inc.; Decision of GeoCities to incorporate search...
- Completing apprenticeship. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;2/10/2003, p19
Reports on the financial performance of Internet-based business, ERP.com for the financial year ending July 31, 2002. Rise in the company's turnover and earnings per share; Factors affecting the company's finances.
- Web giants tighten their belts as investors demand cash control. Dwek, Robert // Marketing Week;5/25/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p55
Reports on the financial performance of several Internet-based companies during the first quarter of 2000. Number of customer accounts added by Amazon.com; Earnings per share of eBay; Shares offered by QXL to the German company ricardo, to form a company called QXL ricardo. INSET: :biz and...
- Digital diehards: Right factors keep CEOs in power. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;03/26/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p4
Reports the financial status of the Internet industry in New York, New York. Decline in the profit of Web consulting firms; Factors affecting net income performance; Challenges facing corporate executives.
- Cyber veterans consider making money on the web. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/09/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p7
Discusses the different business models and strategies that will turn a profit in the Internet industry of the United States. Prospects of developing a Web site that is overly dependent on revenue from banner advertising; Use of the Internet as a tool to establish the distinct value proposition...
- Quarter-Over-Quarter Tally. // Inter@ctive Week;12/06/99, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p72
Presents the quarter-to-quarter tally of companies' revenues in the Internet industry. Factors that affect the status of companies.
- Year-Over-Year Tally. // Inter@ctive Week;12/06/99, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p76
Presents the year-over-year tally of the revenues and operating income of companies in the Internet industry.
- Initial Franklin eBookMan Sales: $5.2 Million. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the revenues generated by the eBookMan, an electronic product from Franklin Electronic Publishers, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2001 ended March 31, 2001. Cost of the development of the eBookMan platform; Decline in electronic products sales.