IRS Begins Training New Tax-Exempt Enforcement Agents
- The use of PC software in teaching public personnel administration. Siegel, Gilbert B.; Marshall, James R. // Public Personnel Management;Spring91, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p61
Describes the use of commercially available personal computer software in teaching public personnel management in academic and training programs in the United States. Impact of the 1960s on the government personnel management Micro computers as a changing force; Evolving teaching requirements;...
- Improving training in the public sector. Sims, Ronald R.; Sims, Serbrenia J. // Public Personnel Management;Spring91, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p71
Discusses the importance of managing the learning process in training public agencies by adapting training methods to a particular employee's learning style. Descriptions of learning styles; Features of the management system; Kinds of training environments; Enhancing the effectiveness of a...
- What's so special? An introduction. Novotny, Thomas W. // Public Manager;Spring99, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p3
Provides significant milestones in the history of the United States-based Federal Executive Institute. Establishment of the basic philosophy of FEI; US Civil Service Reform Act's creation of the Senior Executive Service in 1979; Training institute for senior government officials.
- This too is FEI: The center for executive leadership story. Winner, Linda // Public Manager;Spring99, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p19
Focuses on the United States Federal Executives Institute's establishment of the Center for Executive Leadership (CEL). Institute as the training institution for federal executives; Facilitated planning and development programs of CEL; Consulting activities of the organization; Open enrollment...
- An Assessment of Federal Environmental Health Training Resources. Johnson, Barry L.; Tinker, Timothy // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec1999, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p21
Abstract In 1988, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) conducted a workshop to determine how many environmental health workers there were nationwide and what their training needs were. The workshop produced data on the level of training received, as well as on training needs...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.