New Residents of Rural Texas Look for City Comforts
- Rural South Carolina counties team up to woo industry with water system. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p2
Reports on a move by South Carolina counties and several of their municipalities to form a regional water authority to woo industry to the south-central part of the state. Financing of project partly with bonds; Passage of legislation including tax breaks for companies investing in rural and...
- Alternative Financing. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan2005, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p28
This article suggests that common methods of financing water and sanitary sewer projects include loans from federal and state agencies, municipal bonds and leases for equipment, meters and other items. To address such questions as the adequacy of available financing sources, alternative...
- Senate Approves Farm Bill. McConnel, Alison L.; Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/17/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32775, p1
The article reports on the approval of a farm bill by the U.S. Senate that would create new categories of municipal bonds for timber conservation, rural development, and fish habitat conservation. Under the farm bill, the private-payment test for bonds used to finance professional sports...
- OBLIGACJE KOMUNALNE JAKO INSTRUMENT FINANSOWANIA ROZWOJU LOKALNEGO I REGIONALNEGO. Janeta, Agnieszka // Research Papers of the Wroclaw University of Economics / Prace N;2012 Part 1, Issue 271, p236
Active support of pro-development activities in local and regional aspect requires the disposal of the relevant financial capital by local authorities. In the face of rising of public expectations in the area of delivery of public services by local governments, budget sources often appear to be...
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p15
Reports on the results of negotiated municipal bond sales completed in July-August 1997. California Economic Development Financing Authority; Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority; Cohasset, Minnesota; Taxable issues.