Chicago Law Firm Hires Four Attorneys
- Sidley & Austin Expands Its Practices. Lewis, Jakema // Private Placement Letter;09/11/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the addition of four partners to the law firm Sidley & Austin to oversee its insurance and financial services industry practice area in Chicago, Illinois. Statement issued by Roger Clemens, head of the insurance practice area; Information on the law firm.
- Sidley considers closing Frankfurt office. Burton, Lucy // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/25/2014, p6
The article reports that the U.S. based corporate law firm Sidley Austin has confirmed that the management is planning to close the Frankfurt, Germany office, as the company has lost many of its Frankfurt-based partners. The office which opened in 2006, now has only partner, capital markets...
- Merger Builds No.1 Law Firm. AT // Private Placement Letter;4/30/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p5
Focuses on Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, the merged law firm of Brown & Wood and Sidley & Austin. Benefits of the merger deal; Profit and securitization rankings of both firm; Business plans of the merged firm.
- FINANCE. Pawsey, Vanessa // Lawyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p25
Presents news on some law firms as of December 17, 2001. Big finance deals in 2001 in which Linklaters was involved; Departure of Erica Handling's collateral debt obligation practice; Impact of the Brown & Wood merger with Sidley & Austin; Award received by the in-house legal service at...
- Sidley closes in Germany as Frankfurt exit confirmed. Harris, Joanne // Lawyer (Online Edition);6/9/2014, p18
The artile informs that law firm Sidley Austin is closing its office in Frankfurt, which is the firm's only base in Germany, and is in the process of winding down operations. Topics discussed include various law firms which pulled out their businesses in Frankfurt, reasons for closing office by...
- A GLOWING CONFERENCE. Currimbhoy, Nayana // ABA Journal;Sep89, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p87
Features the conference rooms in the law office of Sidley & Austin in Chicago, Illinois. Receipt of an award in the Conference Room Category in the 'ABA Journal' competition; Design and fixtures; Distinctive feature of the conference room.
- Sidley Austin. // Working Mother;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p86
The article discusses why Sidley Austin is included in the periodical's 2008 50 Best Law Firms for Women in the U.S. The law firm has 46% female associates, 41% female counsel and 20% female equity partners. The law firm offers 12 weeks of maternity leave. An informal mentoring circle program...
- CRAIN'S LIST CHICAGO'S LARGEST LAW FIRMS. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p33
A list of law firms in Chicago, Illinois is presented. Some of the law firms include Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Sidley Austin LLP, and Mayer Brown Rowe & Maw LLP.
- PEOPLE: Sidley Austin. // Fund Strategy;2/7/2011, p12
The article announces that Tim Cowen was appointed as law firm partner of Sidley Austin LLP.