OMHAR Sweetens Section 8 Deals
- HUD to share risk in multifamily financing. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Mar94, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p81
Reports on the issuance of regulations by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for a program to finance affordable multifamily housing in partnership with state and local housing finance agencies (HFA). Features of the program; Uses of the risk-sharing program; Responsibilities...
- HUD plans to auction more than FHA mortgages. // National Real Estate Investor;Aug95, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p24
Reports that the US Housing and Urban Development Department plans to continue its program of selling off Federal Housing Administration-insured multifamily mortgages in an auction of loans on subsidized property scheduled on August 16, 1995.
- HUD's New Toolkit Empowers You To Help End Homelessness. // Assisted Housing Alert;Jan2016, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3
The article reports of the release of the "Opening Doors Through Multifamily Housing: Toolkit for Implementing a Homeless Preference," a seven-step guide aimed to help housing providers to develop a homeless preference, by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in 2015.
- Government Shutdown Over: Why Are Section 8 Contracts Still Vulnerable? // Assisted Housing Alert;Dec2013, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p89
The article offers information on the vulnerability of the contracts of Section 8 for multifamily housing assistance after the federal government shutdown. It informs that 96 percent of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) employees were furloughed during the shutdown. It...
- Housing: Congress Clears HUD Spending Bill; Bush Expected to Sign $30B Package. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p4
Focuses on the provisions of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's multi-billion-dollar spending bill for the fiscal year starting October 1, 2001. Authorization of the creation of thousands of section 8 rental assistance vouchers; Amount allocated for U.S. President George W....
- Sides Debate Section 8. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p1
Focuses on the impact of the Section 8 program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on housing market. Benefits of multifamily rental property owners; Factors contributing to the decline of affordable housing inventory; Notion of the government in changing the contract.
- HUD adds union partner. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the deal signed by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development with construction unions to provide training and jobs for public housing residents. Demonstration programs; Grants for the training; Reaction to the program.
- HUD and unions have a chance to revitalize lives and buildings. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/8/95, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p118
Editorial. Lauds the US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development's partnership agreement with the private sector. Setting up of demonstration programs to provide environmental training and job opportunities to public housing residents; Advantages of the cooperative venture.
- HUD streamlines field structure. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the streamlining of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) regional operations. Appointment of new leaders for housing and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) field offices; New organizational structure as part of Vice President Gore's National...