TBMA Asks Lott To Expedite Bill
- Chapter 11. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p113
No abstract available.
- Chapter 9 bankruptcy and unsecured creditors. Blakeley, Scott E. // Business Credit;Mar1995, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the Chapter 9 bankruptcy of Orange County, California. Law on municipalities losing money; Restricting the access to the investment pool; Trade creditors' rights; Appointment of a creditors' committee; Interfering with the municipal's political or governmental affairs; Deadline as to...
- Fla. hospital seeking bankruptcy protection. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;01/18/99, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p17
Reports that Princeton Hospital has sought bankruptcy court protection in Orlando, Florida. Resignation of hospital employees; Reorganization efforts of hospital management; Loan arrangement for hospital financing.
- Bankruptcy Reform Coming. Stevens, Michael G. // Practical Accountant;Jun2001, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the legislation passed by Congress on bankruptcy reform in the United States. Expectation of the legislation to be signed by US President George W. Bush; Protection to holders of ad valorem tax lines of estate; Context of the bills. INSET: Practitioners Focus on Nontax Aspects..
- House bill aims to tighten bankruptcy rules. Wayne, Debra // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the introduction of a House of Representatives bill in the United States that would tighten rules concerning small-business bankruptcy filings. Aim of the bill to streamline bankruptcy filing procedures; Reference to the Gekas-Moran Bankruptcy Reform Act; Details on provisions set...
- Corporates advised not to look to banks for lending boom. Barecz, Peter // Slovak Spectator;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, pIV
Focuses on the approval of a bankruptcy law by the Slovak government in 2000. Percentage of investment activity in western countries financed internally; Aim of banking reform according to Matthew Vogel, senior economist for emerging markets at Merrill Lynch.
- Bankruptcy: An emerging corporate strategy. Tavakolian, Hamid // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring95, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p18
Discusses bankruptcy as a strategy that can be used by financially insolvent companies in the United States in an attempt to prevent potential financial disasters. Role of the Bankruptcy Court; Reorganization plan required by the court; Prepackaged bankruptcy.
- Washington Report. Van Kirk, Burkett // Commercial Law Bulletin;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p30
Reports that the Senate Banking Committee in the United States will commence a markup on the S. 1405, the Regulatory Relief Bill on July 9, 1998. Provisions of two amendments the bill will contain to the FDCPA which were supported by the Credit Cost Reduction Coalition; Speculation on how the...
- LIEN STRIPPING UNDER RUSSIAN BANKRUPTCY LAW: IS IT FAIR? Averch, Craig H. // Commercial Law Journal;Spring2000, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p77
Discusses a study which explored the Russian Bankruptcy Law which strip liens upon bankruptcy filing. How micro-economic policy provides justification for bankruptcy laws; Normative bankruptcy theories; Conclusion.