Productivity Should Stay High: Dallas Fed
- South Bend and Elkhart--Goshen. Black, Grant C. // Indiana Business Review;Winter2006, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p30
The article offers an economic outlook for the South Bend and Elkhart-goshen areas in Indiana. The Michiana region faced a modest economy in 2006. The outlook for 2007 is less promising than recent years given ongoing uncertainties about the local economy, as well as forecasts for slower growth...
- Industrial Production To Moderate. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
This article presents an economic outlook for Czech Republic for 2008. It is noted that growth in industrial production will reach 9.5% in 2008 and them slow over a five year-forecast period to reach 6% by 2012. It is expected that export growth will average 5.4% annually over the five-year...
- Latest Data Releases. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p5
Looks at the economic prospects facing Brazil in 2003. Rise in gasoline prices in January 2003; Concerns surrounding the monetary policy council; Risk facing the country's economic policies; Prediction on growth for industrial production in 2003.
- RUSSIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Mar2009, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p2
The article forecasts the political and economic risks, as well as the business environment in Russia. By the end of 2009, Russian unemployment is expected to hit at 11.0%. Industrial output will likely to contract further as the Russian economy adjusts to lower aggregate demand linked to a...
- Industry Facing Tough Times. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2003, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p8
While the Taiwanese economy has managed to remain stable until now, the current slowdown in industrial output growth and the weakness in trade bodes ill for the Taiwanese economy going forward due to the key role the manufacturing sector has played in driving growth during recent quarters. The...
- An economic expansion with jobs expected in 2004. Grunewald, Rob; Madden, Tobias // Fedgazette;Jan2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p16
Predicts the economic performance of the Ninth District states in the U.S. for 2004. Growth in industrial productivity for the first nine months of 2003; Improvements in the manufacturing sector; Increase in the wages and salaries for civilian workers.
- Economics 50 years from now. McCracken, Paul W. // Management Review;Jan75, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p42
Presents an economist's outlook for the economy in 2024. Search for effective uses of output; Expansion of productive capacity; Importance of continued reliance on a free and open market system; Competitive economic system of open markets.
- Report extracts. // Agricultural Commodities;December Quarter 2013, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p144
Abstracts of articles published in the journal are presented including the "Infrastructure and Australiaâ€™s food industry: preliminary economic assessment" in the November 5, 2013 issue, "Improving Australiaâ€™s forest area estimate using a Multiple Lines of Evidence approach" in the...
- BMI RISK RATINGS. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p5
The article presents political and economic risk ratings for Brazil for 2009. The economy is expected to have a very weak start to the year, based on the collapse of vehicle production in Brazil in 2008. According to the results of a poll conducted by Instituto Sensus in early December,...