Banc of America Sets Sights On Southeast as Others Quit
- Munis Weaker as $7B of California Rans Price. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32742, p2
The article reports that municipal bond market has weakened as a result of the $7 billion price of the California Ran deal by the Banc of America Securities LLC in 2007. The deal is the largest note issuance of the year, which is set to mature on June 30, 2008 and is expected to yield 3.37% with...
- B of A Sells Guaranteed Municipal Deal. Primack, Dan // Private Placement Letter;11/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the municipal bond offering from the City of Blytheville, Arkansas introduced by Banc of America Securities. Structure of the securities; Products produced by IPSCO Inc., the guarantor of the deal; Information on the City of Blytheville.
- BOA Hires Muni Vet For Health Care Team. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p6
Reports on Banc of America Securities LLC's hiring of former UBS PaineWebber executive Gordon Howie as managing director of the company's office in San Francisco, California. Howie's roles and responsibilities.
- Survival in the Age of Decimals. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 16 Issue 215, p68
Reports that Banc of America Securities is arming to block traders with program trading technology in a bid to cope with decimalization and cost conscious customers in the U.S. in 2003. Sophisticated algorithmic tools supplied by the bank to its traders; Advantages of employing technology...
- Gains in Treasuries Allow Secondary to Firm. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/12/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32421, p2
The article reports that the strengthening of the U.S. Treasury market which allowed the municipal secondary to stabilize despite the primary market's effort to address the issues facing them. New York trade analysts believed that the movement of tax-exempts goes along with the treasuries....
- Munis Firmer in Last Full Day of the Year. Herman, Jack; Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;12/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33032, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on December 30, 2008 in the U.S. Banc of America Securities LLC has issued $17 million variable-rate pollution control revenue refunding bonds for the government of Forsyth in Montana. Harris County has sold $3.7 million...
- Banc of America plans entry into point-and-click arena. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30848, p6
Reports that Banc of America Securities LLC is planning to expand its retail municipal bond distribution network in the United States, to include retail customers who currently bank online with parent company Bank of America Corp. Company's plans of capitalizing on its Internet presence by...
- 'Graying' Industry Struggles to Infuse New Blood Into Its Ranks. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p6
Reports on the struggle of the municipal bond industry to recruit the best and brightest college and business school graduates in the U.S. Factors affecting the difficulty to recruit fresh graduates; Recruiting efforts of Banc of America Securities LLC; Job training of young staffs for careers...
- Bank of America Boosts Muni Group as It Closes Fleet Deal. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p40
Reports on Banc of America Securities Inc.'s expansion of its municipal bond business in the Northeast. Industry veterans hired by the company; Impact of Banc's merger with FleetBoston Financial Corp. on its bond business.