Subsidies to Help Ford Develop Chicago Site
- Ford seeks seamless links with suppliers. Child, Charles // Automotive News;12/12/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5582, p37
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s efforts to transform its suppliers into seamless extensions of the company. Long-term partnerships with suppliers; Ford 2000 bureaucracy-overhaul program.
- Suppliers balk at ford plan. Knutson, Ted // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/08/99, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the plan of Ford Motor Co. to force suppliers to buy machine tools needed to make car and truck parts. Inability of the suppliers to get financing for the equipment; Capital-intensiveness of auto part manufacturing.
- Electronics, interiors are Ford parts targets. Sedgwick, David; Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;2/24/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5701, p3
Reports on the likelihood that the Ford Motor Company will focus on electronics and the cockpit in their 1997 bid to sell more components to other automakers. Views expressed by automobile industry analysts; Comments from Ford vice chairman, Ed Hagenlocker; Examples of Ford products which can...
- Ford targets supplier waste. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;4/12/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5814, p2
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s introduction of programs, training and resources to share with suppliers which include lean manufacturing training sessions and methods for lowering commodity costs and eliminated design-related problems in the United States.
- Who's behind the new Mondeo. Fortune, Kyle // Automotive Engineer;Jan2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p36
Explores the suppliers to the Mondeo car from Ford in Europe. Pre-assembled headliner from Johnson Controls; High-pressure fuel pumps from Bosch; Charge air cooler and lock set and an electronic speed sensor from Valeo.
- Ford ups supplier benefits. Child, Charles // Automotive News;8/1/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5563, p1
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s revision of its purchasing policy designed to help suppliers lower costs and improve their manufacturing processes. Ford's efforts to forge better partnerships with suppliers; Increased quality; Hastening of development; Suppliers as required to reduce prices by a...
- Ford wants a piece of accessory action. Robinson, Aaron // Automotive News;11/8/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5847, p4
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s efforts to expand its automobile accessories business operations as of November 8, 1999. Company's efforts to establish relations with aftermarket car parts-makers; Background on the increase in demand for customization in the car industry.
- Ford suppliers get new goals. // Automotive News;4/17/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5600, p2
Reports on the cost reduction and quality drives goals of Ford Motor Co. for its North American and European production and raw material suppliers.
- Ford to build manufacturing campus in Chicago for suppliers. Carter, Rick // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Oct2000, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p6
Reports that Ford Motor Co. will spend 80 million dollars over three years to build a manufacturing campus for auto parts companies.