Inventories Gain As Sales Decline
- Eliminating the Middleman. // America;10/8/1927, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p607
The article presents the author's comments on various aspects related to middlemen in the commerce sector. The author states that upto the present, no method of avoiding the middleman has won general acceptance, and he is like bad weather. According to him, inflated prices are the outcome of the...
- Looming Ahead. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2004, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p8
Deals with the ability of U.S.-based sporting goods retailers and distributors to source apparel products from China in 2005. Elimination of quotas from World Trade Organization countries; Amount of apparel product made in China in the sporting goods sector; Consideration by apparel makers of...
- Making the cut: Fewer but stronger programs. // Automotive Marketing;Mar1994, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p24
Discusses the importance of joining distribution programs for warehouse distributors. General consensus on the type of distribution program which will survive to the next century; Reasons for WDs reluctance to join distribution programs; Motivations for joining programs; Characteristics of...
- Consolidation scenarios for wholesale distribution. Fein, Adam // Beverage Industry;Jul97, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p42
Reports that distribution industries are rapidly consolidating, drastically altering the fortunes of individual companies and leading to more concentrated industry structures. Two key driving forces that can summarize the four generic patterns of industry evolution; Definition of...
- How to make the right marriage. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul95, p48
Presents advice to wholesalers on how to balance their relationships with manufacturers on one hand as well as merchants and ironmongers on the other. Reaction to being cut in the distribution chain; Consequences of the manufacturers' policy of opening new accounts at full discount; Avoiding...
- Direct clearers, primary distributors and jobbers. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring96, pS129
Lists direct clearers, primary distributors and jobbers in Canada.
- Direct clearers, primary distribution and jobbers. // Bank of Canada Review;Autumn96, pS113
Explains what are direct clearers, jobbers, and primary distributors.
- BUSINESS MACHINE SUPPLIERS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2008 Supplement, Vol. 54 Issue 68, p60
The article lists the business machine suppliers in New York including Staples Inc., Carr Business Systems Inc., Ricoh Business Systems Inc.
- Where to buy section. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/1/96, Vol. 197 Issue 1, p426
Presents a listing of wholesalers of air conditioning, control/component, heating, plumbing, refrigeration and ventilation and sheet metal supplies.