Look Before You E-Leap
- Schwab Blasts SMMP Concept; ICI Wants Proposal Revised. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p4
Reports the rejection of the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to exclude retail investors from electronic trading network in Washington D.C. Problem on creating regulatory incentives; Growth of online trading; Reduction of regulatory obligations.
- Online systems ready to go, but investors aren't. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;07/12/99, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p4
Focuses on electronic securities trading in Great Britain. Investments of trading companies to create systems and service infrastructure for online trading; Investors' attitude toward electronic trading; Account volume at online trading firms.
- DIRECT-ACCESS TRADING SEEKS SOPHISTICATION. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;06/17/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p35
Focuses on the need for direct-access firms to support securities trading strategies in the U.S. Reference to the launch of SuperMontage platform by Nasdaq; Decrease of active traders in direct-access space; Development of direct-access technology.
- E-Documents Should Be Treated Like Paper, NABL's Zucker Says. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30890, p36
Presents the views of Howard Zucker, president of the National Association of Bond Lawyers, regarding the treatment of electronic documents. Necessity of providing treatment similar to paper documents under federal securities fraud laws; Request for public comments on issuers' liability for...
- The Piecing Together of a Fragmented ECN Market. Neelakantan, Shailaja; Byrne, John A. // Traders Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 150, p32
Discusses the different electronic communications network (ECN) in the stock exchange. Problems posed by the ECN; Capacity issue; Access of institutional traders.
- Not so many trading `live wires'. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;09/10/99, p15
Focuses on Internet-based securities trading in South Africa as of September 10, 1999. Online securities brokerages' failure to attract customers; Background on online securities brokerages' marketing strategies.
- Retail brokers in the doldrums. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;01/26/2001, p56
Examines the performance of online stockbrokers in South Africa. Losses by Tradek; Decline in revenues of Barnard Jacobs Mellet; Decline in trading levels; Decline in number of clients signing up with online brokers; Margin trading facilities by PSG Online; Need for online brokers to offer a...
- Open outcry and electronic trading in futures exchanges. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring99, p21
Compares open outcry and electronic trading in an attempt to determine their relative advantages. Mechanics of the two systems; Levels of automation used by the futures exchanges; Conclusion.
- Options system ruled not an exchange. // Corporate Board;May/Jun90, Vol. 11 Issue 62, p25
Reports on US Securities and Exchange Commission's ruling stating that an electronic trading system for options on government securities is not an exchange under securities law. Vehicle for the creation of private systems to help buyers and sellers trade securities or options; Ruling in favor of...