IT: The Price Is Right?
- CRUNCH TIME FOR MICROSOFT PRICING. Bajkowski, Julian // Government News;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on the government information technology procurement in Australia. It mentions that the Microsoft Volume Sourcing Arrangement (VSA) mechanism aims to provide favourable pricing and licensing for the products of software giants. Australian Government Information Management...
- Motherboard mega test. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Feb2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p26
The article presents advice by the author related to purchasing microcomputer motherboards. The author says that it is important to focus on the features, price and performance of a motherboard before one decides to buy it. According to the author, one should remember that such devices which...
- Joint Pricing and Purchasing Decisions for the Dual-Channel Newsvendor Model with Partial Information. Jixiang Zhou; Yong Wang; Xiaoming Yan // Journal of Applied Mathematics;2014, p1
We investigate a joint pricing and purchasing problem for the dual-channel newsvendor model with the assumption that only the mean and variance of the demand are known. The newsvendor in our model simultaneously distributes a single product through traditional retail and Internet. A robust...
- Chesapeake Purchasers Cheer for Electronic Changes. Button, Gigie // Government Procurement;Oct2002, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Focuses on the procurement strategy made by the City of Chesapeake on information technology (IT) hardware, software and services in Virginia. Percentage of markup payment for all IT hardware and peripherals; Application of direct buying; Utilization of online ordering.
- Software agreements to be explained. // Supply Management;2/13/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p38
Highlights the 2003 Information Technology Seminar hosted by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply in London, England. Theme of the event; Ownership of intellectual property rights; Venue of the event.
- PROCURING TECHNOLOGY: ISSUES FACED BY PUBLIC ORGANIZATIONS. Pettijohn, Carole; Yuhua Qiao // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Fall2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p441
Focuses on a study which addressed some of the critical issues with respect to public procurement of information technology (IT) in the United States. Details on the rapid increase of IT in the public sector; Results of the comparative data analysis; Observations on improving public IT...
- Services and software pick up the pace. Ferris, Nancy // Government Executive;Aug98 Special Annual Issue Top 200, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p55
Focuses on federal procurement on information technology (IT) in the United States. Key trends in federal procurement of IT; Details on increase IT spending; Examples of governmentwide acquisition contracts for IT; Purchasing of commercial, off-the-shelf (COTS) products.
- Panama hooks up. Wilson, James // Latin Trade (English);Jun98, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p78
Focuses on the growing demand for information technology in Panama. Purchase of home personal computers by the middle-class; Advertisements for computers; Establishment of Multimax computer store; Reasons for the growth of PC sales.
- Can your vendor pass a physical? Tinnirello, Paul C. // PC Week;12/16/96, Vol. 13 Issue 50, pE8
Opinion. Discusses the selection of vendors to provide business information technology (IT) equipment. The importance of selecting a valid vendor; The example of Novell Inc.'s NetWare versus Microsoft Corp.'s Windows NT Server; Suggestions for choosing a vendor; Technical merit not the most...