Cosworth: The Two Companies
- Concurrent practice. // Metalworking Production;Mar2006, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p42
The article reports that the name of Great Britain-based automobile parts maker Cosworth Technology was changed to Mahle Powertrain Systems after it was acquired by Audi in early 2005. The name change reflects the shift in the company's from designing and developing high performance engines to...
- Growing a greener plant. Wilks, Neil // Professional Engineering;10/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the great crested newt preservation program of Cosworth Technology Ltd. at its car engine parts foundry in Worcester, England. Investment in preparing a habitat for the newts; Environmental certification plans for the site; Other environmental programs such as energy wastage...
- Cast of thousands. Youson, Matt // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul/Aug2005, p64
Discusses the decision of Worcester, England-based Cosworth Technology to abandon high volume casting in favor of concentrating on quality. Attributes of the operation of the automobile supplier; Plan of the company to make the foundry play a greater role in its research and development...
- Cosworth pushes for world domination. Feast, Richard // Automotive Industries;Jan1996, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p30
Reports on Cosworth Inc.'s goal to become the automobile industry's first choice in cost-effective engine technology worldwide. Investment in new products and facilities; Purchase of engine management specialist Intelligent Controls; Doubling of production capacity; Introduction of new IndyCar...
- Cosworth pushes engine development. // Machine Design;8/22/96, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p44
Reports that England-based Cosworth Engineering designed and installed a prototype V10 engine. Features and functions; Company's development of a gas-powered engine that promises better fuel economy and lower emissions than a diesel-powered engine.
- Cosworth V10 may be for Volvo 900 replacement. Feast, Richard // Automotive Industries;Jul96, Vol. 176 Issue 7, p27
Reports on speculations that Costworth's V10 road car engine was commissioned by Volvo for its 900-series replacement. Background on Volvo's next generation 900; Features of the V10.
- Cosworth seeks new customers for V10. Norris, Ian // Automotive Industries;Sep96, Vol. 176 Issue 9, p37
Reports on Cosworth Inc.'s development of the V10 road car engine for Volvo. V10 configuration; Features of Cosworth's prototype engines; Cosworth's collaboration with other automakers for the engine.
- The thinking speed-merchant. Greek, Dinah // Professional Engineering;01/28/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p96
Profiles Keith Duckworth, founder of Cosworth, the engine specialist company. Comments made by Duckworth; Background information on Duckworth.
- VW may target Cosworth next. // Professional Engineering;05/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the possibility of the Volkswagen company acquiring the engineering arm of Cosworth company if it is successful in its attempt to take over Rolls Royce company. Details on the deal between VW and Rolls Royce; Comments from Cosworth; Reactions of Ford Motor company to the deal.