This, That, and the Other
- Euro coin blanks produced by the billion. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jul2002, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the manufacture of euro coin blanks by the Coinage Division plant of ThyssenKrupp VDM in Werdohl, Germany since 1999. Process of the manufacture of euro coin blanks; Variants of the euro coins; Metal alloy used for the coins.
- Alloy will reduce fuel consumption. // European Power News;Jan1999, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p2
Reports on Krupp VDM's development of a high temperature alloy for gas turbine combustion chambers and heat shields. Temperature resistance.
- THYSSENKRUPP VDM OPENS OPERATION IN CHINA. // Modern Metals;Nov2008, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that ThyssenKrupp VDM GmbH, a division of ThyssenKrupp Stainless AG has opened a service center in Guangzhou, China. The operation, ThyssenKrupp VDM Guangzhou Trading is expected to strengthen the presence of the company in Asia and shorten supply routes to customers,...
- MATERIALS PROGRESS: METALS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jan2001, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p15
Presents updates about metals development as of January 2001. Information on the Aluchrom 7Al Yhf stainless steel catalyst substrate foil from Krupp VDM GmbH; Use of high-carbon cold-rolled steel in some automobile transmission applications from NKK Steel; Advantages of forged steel in...
- Strong nickel-base alloy extends operating temperature. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Jun2005, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p15
This article reports that Alloy 602CA is a nickel-base alloy that has been developed by ThyssenKrupp VDM Gmbh of Germany. The alloy was discussed in "Case Histories on Successful Applications of Alloy 602CA, UNS N06025, in High Temperature Environments," by Jason Wilson, Rolled Alloys; and D.C....
- THYSSENKRUPP VDM. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Apr2007, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p25
The article presents several products sold by high tech materials company Thyssenkrupp VDM for use in oil and gas drilling projects. Alloy 825, a titanium fully austenitic nickel-iron-chromium alloy, is noted for its uses in flowlines and pipelines. Alloy 625, a...
- High-chromium moly steel resists aqueous corrosion. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Oct2004, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on the engineering material alloy 31 composed of iron, nickel, chromium and molybdenum with additions of nitrogen from ThyssenKrupp VDM USA Inc. Interesting features; Benefits to users; Contact information.
- Suppliers race for the perfectly painted part. Pryweller, Joseph // Automotive News;7/6/1998, Vol. 72 Issue 5774, p24B
Presents information on a technique used to paint automobile plastic parts developed by engineers from the GE Plastics company and United Technologies Automotive Incorporated. Reaction of resin suppliers to the technique; Benefits of the technique; Details on electrostatic painting; Comments...
- Supplier surfing. Keenan, Tim // Ward's Auto World;Mar96, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p109
Focuses on the presence of automobile parts suppliers on the Internet. Listing of suppliers; GE Plastics; Siemens Automotive; Cost of Internet investments.