Improving the C5
- COLD CHISELLED. Dupriez, Curt // Street Machine;Oct2006, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p36
The article features the 1962 Corvette automobile with C4 suspension and six speed T56 gearbox.
- GTS 'Vetted! Sharma, Gautam // Wheels;Feb2005, p16
Features the Corvette ZO6 supercar from Chevrolet. Engine power; Description of its rear suspension; Capabilities of its titanium rods and valves.
- A Stiff 'Vette. JANELLO, TIM // Motor Age;Jul2011, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p32
The article focuses on diagnosing and fixing the poor ride quality of a 2003 Chevrolet Corvette with a mileage of 7,500 miles and a Regular Production Option (RPO) code F55 suspension option that should provide a smooth ride. It explains that the code designated General Motors' Magnetic...
- Cheetah makes a comeback. // Machine Design;3/21/2013, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p55
The article focuses on the design and construction of an automobile by Craig Ruth of automotive company Ruth Restorations Inc. "The Corvette Chop" in Grafton, Ohio using 1960-built Cheetah by Bill Thomas. It notes that Ruth along with his colleagues opted for the 90-96 C4 Corvette suspension and...
- MR Dampers Bound for High Volume. MURPHY, TOM // Ward's Auto World;Sep2012, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on advanced dampers using magnetorheological (MR) fluid on suspension systems that is predicted to be common in mature markets. Within a timeframe, half of all automotive dampers will rely on MR fluid as auto manufacturers find ways to put it into lower-priced vehicles. The...
- Ready For Takeoff. Corbett, Brian // Ward's Auto World;Oct2004, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p62
Evaluates the Corvette sports car from Chevrolet. Price of the automobile and its transmission system; Engine of the automobile; Size; Suspensions of the car; Interior of the car.
- Strut suspensions. // Automotive Marketing;Oct93, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p56
Focuses on McPherson automobile suspension struts. Available models; Relationships of suspension geometries; Links and arms; Description of a McPherson strut unit; Operational principles; Maintenance and repair; Computerized suspension control. INSET: Strut suspensions (training program test)..
- Smoothing the way. White, Slaton L. // Field & Stream;Dec94, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p64
Presents guidelines in the improvement of the suspension system of pick-up trucks. Description of the four-wheel drive pick up trucks; Problems faced by the conventional suspension system; Features and mechanisms of the suspension system; Views on the effectiveness of the suspension system.
- Suspension system dynamics. // Motor Age;Feb95, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p47
Discusses suspension system dynamics in automobiles. Suspension system's role in keeping the tires in contact with the road surface under all types of driving conditions; Importance of weight distribution in suspension systems; Understeer and oversteer.