How Do You Get to Carnegie Hall?
- Breakdown Of Champions. // Vanity Fair;Apr2013, Issue 632, p98
The article presents the author's views on the fall of celebrity athletes in the U.S. He says that the nation's true psychodramas originate in the sports, exposing the hypocrisies people hold dear. He talks about cyclist and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong who finally admitted that the...
- Hail those who never quit. Watts, J.C. // Sporting News;9/8/2003, Vol. 227 Issue 36, p6
This article presents information about football player Kurt Warner of Saint Louis, Missouri-based football team St. Louis Rams, the United States-based golfer Tiger Woods and cyclist Lance Armstrong. After having suffered for Warner last season in 2002 it was satisfying to watch Warner hit all...
- Headliners. Ventre, Michael // Variety;May2002 Supplement, Vol. 386 Issue 12, p8
Offers a look at the contenders for the 2002 World Sportsman of the Year award. Achievements of Lance Armstrong in the field of cycling; Number of individual world records set by Ian Thorpe in swimming; Tournaments and earnings won by Tiger Woods in golf.
- Sports fans' idolatry makes monsters of heroes. Mullins, Michael // Eureka Street;3/8/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p51
The article discusses the achievements made by handicapped athletes in the field of sports. It is stated that some highly successful athletes are often handicapped human beings. It is stated that Oscar Pistorius is a South African sprint runner with both legs amputated, who performs in the same...
- What sportsmen with Messiah complexes can learn from Iniesta's espresso run. Smith, Ed // New Statesman;3/8/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5148, p62
The article looks at controversies surrounding sports and athletes, as of 2013. The author describes the psychological mindset of elite athletes as built on an absence of doubt and a total belief in their own powers, saying problems arise when they carry this mindset into other parts of life. He...
- TIGER, LANCE, AND...JAMES. // Christian Science Monitor;7/25/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 170, p10
Applauds the sports performances of Tiger Woods in the British Open, Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France, and James Pittar in swimming the channel between the Massachusetts islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard.
- THE BLUE TRAIN. Startt, James // Bicycling;Oct2002, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p44
Discusses the performance of cyclist Lance Armstrong at the 2002 Tour de France race.
- ARMSTRONG'S CAREER MOVE. Hagerman, Eric; Startt, James // Bicycling;Oct2003, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p52
Features cyclist Lance Armstrong.
- Armstrong to speak at Fieldhouse. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p25A
Announces a speaking engagement by five-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana on October 16, 2003.