The Sydney Challenge
- DELIVERING THE DREAM. Byrne, Catriona; Houen, Janet; Seaberg, Margaret // Communication World;Feb/March2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
Part I. Describes how the communications and employee relations program for the employees of the Sydney Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games was vital to establishing the culture needed to deliver the Games. Vehicles used to inform and involve staff; Key aspects of the employee relations...
- New minister thrown in at the deep end. Cromie, Ali // BRW;11/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p77
Reports on the appointment of Jackie Kelly as the Minister for Sport and Tourism by Australian Prime Minister John Howard. Prestige of the appointment due to the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000; Her qualifications; Her background in sports as a champion rower; How she became a favorite of Howard's;...
- Homebush Bay: Olympic masterplan. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the masterplan for the site of the 27th Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Public transport-driven design.
- Olympics 2000. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p126
States that Sidney won the bid to host the Olympics 2000 because of rechecking and rethinking of the assumptions and estimates on the social and economic impact of the Olympic Games. Defeat by the Labor Party of the Liberal Party; Role of the Sydney Organising Committee of the Olympic Games;...
- Olympic achievement. Murray, Moss // Marketing Week;4/9/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p51
Anticipates the Olympics Games in 2000, which will be held in Sydney, Australia. Reference to statistics from the International Meetings Association; Comments made by Debra Rustom, the manager of meetings, conventions and incentives for the Australian Tourist Commission.
- Summer Olympics 2000. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Summer Olympic Games in 1996. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Sydney promises to stage better Olympics than Atlanta. // Christian Science Monitor;8/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 178, p12
Reports on the plans of Australia's Olympic Committee in the staging of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Plans to address security and transportation problems; Olympic venues.
- How green are the Sydney Olympics? Digby, Bob // Geodate;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Looks at the possible effects of the 2000 Sydney Olympics on the area's economy, upon the people in Sydney and the environment. Economic cost of holding the Olympics; Proposal of holding the world's first `green' Olympics as the basis of Sydney's bid; Issues for the greening the Olympics;...