Eight Days a Week
- The On-Call Call. Rosner, Bob // Workforce (10928332);Dec2000, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p120
Provides advice to an employee who was required by his/her company to be on call most evenings. Payment and control of time when an employee is on-call; Circumstances where an employee should get credit for on-call time.
- Scheduling employees for around-the-clock operations. Browne, Jim // IIE Solutions;Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p30
Deals with the steps in employee scheduling for operations. Questions to consider in the scheduling; Importance of forecasting customer demand; Work measurement considerations.
- Where's the support? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p10
Cites key survey findings in 2004 indicating that only 21% of U.S. companies with extended-hours operations reported they provided human resource coverage to evening, night and weekend shifts.
- LANKSTAUS DARBO LAIKO DIEGIMO Ä®MONÄ–SE PRIELAIDOS. Hink, Johan Wilhelm // Business: Theory & Practice;2006, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p22
The major trends of working time variation at enterprises and in labour market show that it is constantly decreasing. At the same time, the number of pensioners is constantly growing Therefore, to maintain competitiveness and to get adapted to constantly changing conditions, enterprises should...
- Can you change days please? // British Baker;12/18/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 24, Special section p3
The article discusses the change in employees' working days and hours.
- TRYING OUT THE FOUR DAY WORK WEEK. LaCapra, Louis J. // Public Personnel Management;May/Jun73, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p216
Focuses on the application of four day work per week in the U.S. Applicability of four day work week on companies; Views on the trend toward shorter days work; Background of study.
- Shift plus on-call duty creates tired employees. Harty-Golder, Barbara // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Mar2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p41
The article provides an answer to a question of the legal issues related to a regular eight-hour work followed by a mandatory 12-hour evening shift.
- Am I safe to fly? Am I safe to anaesthetise? Park, G. R. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/3/2005, Vol. 331 Issue 7528, p1345
The article offers a discussion about the hours of labor for physicians. Doctors have a responsibility to a patient to provide care on time, whether or not they are tired. Health care management does not accept operations being canceled because an anesthetist is tired. However, are anesthetists...
- Natuzzi cuts hours. // Furniture/Today;6/18/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p41
The article reports that leather upholstery maker Natuzzi SpA has reduced employee shifts at its plants in Italy from eight hours a day to five. Accounting to slowdown in business, the company has started the reduction in hours in the second week of June 2007 and is projected to last for 13...