Work Less, Be Healthy, Make Money
- Take Some Time For Yoga. // Customers First;Nov2009, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p8
The article suggests to perform yoga at desk and work station to keep an employee relax and focus. It states that a web site for yoga exercises which can be found at www.will-harris.com/yoga/everyday_yoga.html can help one relieve job stress. Employees can share the site with coworkers to help...
- VOODOO BONDING. Faulkner, Diane // Credit Union Management;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p32
Gives advice on the management of team-building activities for organizations. How to deal with complaints on retreat activities and participation fees; Benefits from retreats; Concepts for employee behavior and teamwork; Reason for retreats outside the office.
- Don't Be Agreeable-Be A Constructive Devil's Advocate. // TeamWork;Feb2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p4
The article offers suggestions on the implementation of strategies to work for your team that provide the team energy and a fresh perspective which can bring long-term improvements in quality.
- Hospital trials introduction of duty management team. // Nursing Standard;4/4/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p8
Five nurses have teamed up at a hospital to reduce pressure on ward managers.
- How To Relax Without Taking A Vacation. // TeamWork;Sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p5
The article offers tips on how to relax without taking a vacation. It is recommended to take a day off to just relax or plan a local adventure for the weekend. Another is keeping busy outside of work by playing a league sport like baseball with some friends, have a weekly girls or guys night...
- Manage Your Stress With A 'Stress Diary'. // TeamWork;Sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses how to manage one's stress by using a stress diary. It states that recording one's everyday challenges can help him/her understand the reason of his/her short-term stress and gives him/her a clue as to how to minimize his/her stress triggers. The main goal of a stress diary...
- Taking Care of Others Starts with Taking Care of Durselves. // San Diego Business Journal;9/24/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, pS28
The article focuses on the need for employers to make stress reduction a priority in 2012 as it has a major impact on workplace health. A study shows that employees with high-stress jobs visited their general practitioners 26 percent more often compared to those with low-stress jobs. Moreover,...
- Ã–RGÃœTSEL STRES YÃ–NETÄ°MÄ° VE STRESÄ°N Ä°STANBUL BÃœYÃœKÅžEHÄ°R BELEDÄ°YESÄ° Ã‡ALIÅžANLARININ Ä°Åž PERFORMANSI ÃœZERÄ°NE ETKÄ°SÄ°NÄ°N UYGULAMALI OLARAK İ... KORKMAZ, Murat; CEYLAN, Bilal // Journal of Social Sciences / Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi;ara2012, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p313
Stress which can be also defined as modern disease of our age creates considerably negative effects on life comfort and work performance and efficiency. These stress problems affect the individual's socio-cultural comfort deeply like performance loss, decrease in efficiency, communication...
- Surviving Your Work. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
The author reflects on job stress management in the work place. She relates it to her own way of starting her day to overcome the pressure from her job and cites studies that revealed the negative effects of stress on the level of employees' productivity and health. Moreover, she stresses that...