THE SAUDI ARABIA OF LITHIUM
- Hybrid car design diminishes reliance on gasoline. // Design News;3/11/91, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on hybrid car design. Though electric cars have been technically feasible for decades, buyers have shunned them primarily because of their limited range. One hundred miles is totally unacceptable if the driver has to go 101. A solution to this problem is a hybrid design that...
- Ener1 Powers Up For The Growing Hybrid Vehicle Market. Arroyo, Arnaldo // Equities;Winter2006, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p100
The article offers information on Ener1 Inc. which develops lithium-ion batteries for hybrid cars. The company is positioning its subsidiary EnerDel to become the top provider of lithium-ion batteries for domestically produced hybrid vehicles. It also has plans to demonstrate its battery...
- Toshiba joins battery battle. Tsuneoka, Chieko // Automotive News;10/27/2008, Vol. 83 Issue 6331, p16
The article reports that Japanese electronics company Toshiba has said that it aims to make 3 million lithium ion vehicle battery cells a month. The goal is to penetrate the market for plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles. Battery packs for hybrid cars can contain hundreds of cells. Toshiba now...
- Prices at the Pump Don't Push Plug-In Hybrids. // Electronic News;9/5/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 36, pN.PAG
Reports that automobile drivers prefer gas-electric automobiles or pure-gas automobiles over plug-in hybrids, according to ABI Research in September 2005. Action usually taken by drivers when they frequently recharge the batteries of hybrid vehicles; Drawbacks of plug-in hybrids, according to...
- Fill'er Up...and Charge It -- The New Hybrid Auto. Miller, Jeanne // Odyssey;Apr2004, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on new gasoline-powered hybrid electric car, as of April 2004.
- Hybrid electric vehicles. Siuru, Bill // Popular Electronics;Jan99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p37
Provides information about the hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) being developed by several automakers. Categories of HEVs; Description of General Motors' series HEV internal combustion engine; Features of the Toyota Hybrid System in the Prius sedan.
- Building Batteries for Electric Cars. Bullis, Kevin // Technology Review;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p80
The article focuses on the production of advanced lithium-ion batteries for electric and hybrid cars at A123 Systems Inc. It states that the new battery factory of A123 in Livonia, Michigan will have the capability for the production of 30,000 battery packs every year once the equipment are...
- Consumers go green for more than fuel savings. // Motor Age;Apr2010, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p60
The article focuses on the results of a survey from Accenture which showed that six out of 10 consumers are more likely to buy a hybrid or electric vehicle only when it is superior to gasoline-only models.
- A Reva-lation from India. // Asian Pacific Post;10/8/2009, p17
The article evaluates the Reva NXR and Reva NXG electric and hybrid cars from India's Reva Electric Car Co.