- Today's Transactions: Sun Pharmaceutical to Take Over Taro Pharmaceutical. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/20/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the intention of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. to acquire pharmaceutical company Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in 2012.
- IS SUN SET ON TARO? Mahalingam, T. V. // Business Today;6/29/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p86
The article reports on problems involving Mumbai, India-based Sun Pharmaceuticals' acquisition of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, a multinational manufacturer of generic pharmaceuticals, for $454 million. The article explains the rationale behind the acquisition. An overview of Taro's financial...
- Pharma: Other News To Note. // BioWorld Today;8/14/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 157, p7
The article reports on the proposed acquisition of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. for 39.50 U.S. dollars in cash per share.
- Sun Pharma Acquires Israeli Pharma Producer. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;5/30/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p33
The article reports on the agreement of Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries to acquire generic drugs manufacturer Taro Pharmaceutical Industries. The deal is valued at $454 million. It values Taro's equity at $7.75 per share. Taro has large manufacturing sites with regulatory approval in Canada and...
- Sun Pharma Acquires U.S. API Firm. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;12/1/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 37, p20
The article reports on the acquisition of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) manufacturer Chattem Chemicals by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries. According to Dilip Shanghvi, chairman and managing director of Sun Pharmaceuticals, the acquisition gives Sun Pharmaceuticals a narcotic import...
- Dilip Shanghvi, second-wealthiest Indian, is among the lowest-paid bosses. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;9/28/2015, p9
The article reports on the salary of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries founder Dilip Shanghvi, who was one of the lowest-paid executives, for 2013-2014.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Agrees to Acquire Taro. Greb, Erik // Pharmaceutical Technology;Jul2007, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p26
The article reports that Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and its subsidiaries have signed definitive agreements to acquire Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. Sun Pharmaceutical will fund the $454 million acquisition with internal accruals and proceeds from its $350-million foreign currency...
- Global Medicine. Gopalan, Krishna // Business Today;6/17/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p45
The article reports that Sun Pharmaceuticals Inc. based in India has agreed to buy Taro Pharmaceutical industries Ltd. based in Israel for $454 million. Taro had acquired a huge loss in 2006, but managing director of Sun Pharmaceuticals Dilip Shanghvi is confident that the financial conditions...
- Brandes Investment Partners Sells 9.4% Taro Stake to Sun Pharma. // EmergingMarketsNOW;2/21/2008, p5
The article reports that Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, an Indian pharmaceutical company, has announced the acquisition of a 9.4 percent stake in Taro Pharmaceuticals, an Israeli pharmaceutical company, for $10.25 per share, increasing its stake in the company to 34.4 percent. The company has...