Palm Oil Predicament
- Steady pricing for palm oil belies uncertainty over output. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/97, Vol. 252 Issue 19, p8
Provides information on the palm oil prices in the world market. Problems that affected major palm oil producing country; Primary factor playing on the future of palm oil.
- Palm Oil To Average MYR3,500/tonne In 2011. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/9/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
The article presents a forecast for the price of palm oil for 2011. It mentions that based on the current scenario, global palm oil market is expected to be in its tightest stage in 2010/2011 with a rebound anticipated in 2011/2012 as the output of leading growers increase due to more palm trees...
- Palm oil pricing stays firm because of political unrest. Papanikolaw, Jim // Chemical Market Reporter;12/28/98, Vol. 254 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the pricing of palm oil in the wake of seasonal slowdowns in demand and production. Forecasts on world palm oil production; Expectations on the industry's recovery; Factors hindering the industry's growth in 1999.
- Palm Oil Pricing Struggles as Market Waits for Stronger Demand. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;3/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the pricing of palm oil in the market. Decline in the price of palm oil; Palm oil imports of China; Prices of software oils in India.
- Palm Oil Pricing Stays Soft Because of World Oilseed Glut. Papanikolaw, Jim // Chemical Market Reporter;03/20/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 12, p10
Reports the status of palm oil prices worldwide as of March 20, 2000. Reason for the decrease in its prices; Status of global palm oil production for the year 1999 to 2000.
- Global Palm Oil Outlook: Malaysia Focus. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/19/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p5
The article discusses a forecast for the palm oil production in Malaysia to 2012. It is predicted that the production of palm oil in the country from 2010 to 2011 will grow by 4.1% year on year. It is also expected that prices of palm oil will go up in the second half of 2011. Production...
- commodity prices: palm kernel oil prices slump. // Grocer;7/19/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8164, p18
The article reports on the decline in the prices of palm kernel oil in June 2014, with European Union (EU) price dropping 10 percent month on month due to strong supply from major producing countries while British price declined because of the warm weather.
- PALM OIL GIANT'S CARBON CHALLENGE. // ASEANAffairs;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the impact of carbon emissions and climate change issues on the palm oil industry in Malaysia.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/27/98, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p9
Reports that Indonesia has raised the export taxes for crude palm oil and its derivatives to 60 percent in response to unstable cooking oil prices and a domestic shortage in cooking oil.