LOSE WEIGHT THE WRITE WAY
- THE "WRITE" WAY TO DROP WEIGHT. Maxwell, Kristen // Shape;Nov2008, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on a study done by researchers at Kaiser Permanente's Center for Health Research that found that making a list of meals and snacks can help people realize how much they are consuming. Comments from the senior investigator Jack Hollis are included. It is reported that dieters...
- Daily Food Log -- A handy helper for weight loss. // Active Living;Jan2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the finding of a study conducted by the Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research regarding the contributing factor of daily food log on weight loss.
- The Single Best Way to Lose Weight. Torgovnick, Kate // Good Housekeeping;Jan2008, Vol. 246 Issue 1, p128
This article focuses on the significance of keeping a food diary to lose weight. When researchers from Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research followed more than 2,000 dieters who were encouraged to record meals and snacks, they found that the single best predictor of whether a participant...
- To lose weight keep a diary. // Active Living;Jul2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p30
The article focuses on the study by the Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research in Portland, Oregon on losing weight. The study suggests that in order to lose weight one should keep a diary because keeping a daily record of what one eats will help her lose weight and keep it off. Researcher...
- DECREASE DIABETES RISK. R. R. P. // Working Mother;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the study from the Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research which found that ten percent of Chinese and Korean women are at risk for developing diabetes during pregnancy.
- Fit or Fad: a dieting decision. Murphy, Dee // Current Health 2;Mar2001, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p16
Presents advice on losing weight permanently without resorting to fad diets.
- Dieter's notebook. Houck, Catherine // Cosmopolitan;Oct95, Vol. 219 Issue 4, p77
Highlights topics on dieting and weight loss. Steps on how to resist the influence of the brain chemical galanin; Preventive tip on erratic swings in blood sugar levels; Recipe for muffins.
- Will a pill take your pounds off? // Consumer Reports;Aug96, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p15
No abstract available.
- Slim but curvy--the pursuit of ideal beauty. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;1/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 41, p16
Discusses the obsession in the United States with weight loss and dieting, and the role of magazines in the trend.