COMPLETE THIS SENTENCEï¿½
- Innovative Recruiting-Targeting Passive Professionals. Cohen, Evan // POWERGRID International;Oct2009, Vol. 14 Issue 10, Special section p8
The article offers insights to human resource management (HRM) and recruiting professionals on how to develop innovative recruiting strategies to address the rapidly changing recruiting landscape. It notes that one way to determine the qualified-best match candidate profile is by interviewing...
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;8/7/2007, p13
The article presents information on an online discussion related to personnel management. The question discussed online was in regard to the Curriculum Vitae and job interviews. One of the participants answered that he was told in his last job by the director not to take on anyone who smelled of...
- SPEAKER'S 'RADICAL' ANSWER TO STALE HIRING PRACTICES. Ruiz, Gina // Workforce Management;6/24/2007, p5
The article presents information on a workshop entitled Radical Hiring of Pamela Bezona, the founder of Performance eSource. Bezona focuses on the importance of companies themselves prepping for an interview. Bezona highlights the significance of listening to what the candidate says about their...
- Simply the best. Thompson, Linda // Human Resources (09648380);Apr2009, p22
The article features Gallup Inc. human resource (HR) director Linda Thompson. She heads the people strategy for the company and the political pollster-cum-employee engagement consultancy on 620,000 different projects among 504 clients in 16 different industries. Her stewardship is about how she...
- COMPLETE THIS SENTENCEâ€¦. Elliot, Lisa // People Management;3/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p62
The article features Lisa Elliot, a human resources (HR) assistant at ISS Mediclean. She says she would be working as a dancer or a cabin crew member for Emirates if she was not in HR. Elliot reveals that she hates the HR-related phrase "involuntary entrepreneurship." She also describes her most...
- One Question. Fry, Roy // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;May2010, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
The article presents the author's insights on interviews involved in employee selection. He is critical on the questions thrown by hiring managers and cites that questions such as "What are your strengths?," "What do you want to be?," and "What interests you most about working here?," are...
- Nightmare on HRD Street. Adams-Regan, Pamela // Training & Development;Nov93, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p50
Investigates the problems commonly encountered by human resources personnel. Factors influencing human resources departments' (HRD) functions; Characteristics of problem trainees; Importance of speaking and presentation skills among HRD personnel.
- THE HR AWARDS. // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on the HR Awards presented by the Employers Resource Council (ERC) and the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management, which recognize human resources (HR) professionals in Northeast Ohio who demonstrated excellence in the field of HR management.
- PRESENTER'S NOTE. Naso, SueAnn; Perry, Patrick // Smart Business Cleveland;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p36
The authors introduces the HR Awards presented by the Employers Resource Council (ERC) and the Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management, which recognizes the achievement of human resources professionals in Northeast Ohio.