HOW TOï¿½make e-learning engaging
- Cyberlearning: New possibilities for HRD. Marquardt, Michael J. // Training & Development;Nov96, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p56
Comments on the relevance of computer assisted methods of training employees to training procedures employed in human resource departments (HRD). Forecasts of how computer-based instruction will be used by employee trainors; Opportunities for expanding training knowledge offered by...
- Importance de l'implication du manager dans le cadre d'une formation e-learning suivie depuis le poste de travail. Bernadin, Emmanuelle; Krohmer, Cathy // Revue Management et Avenir;nov2009, Issue 29, p13
The manager's implication in the HRM practices is important in the organizations. In the same time, the practices of training have changed and the part of computer based training has increased. When the training is done on the working station, several researchers showed that the learning...
- Is byte-sized learning appropriate? Culkin, Malcolm // People Management;5/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p55
Speculates over the appropriateness of electronic (E)-learning in the workplace. Phrases that offer hope to the place of E-learning in the workplace; Use of E-learning in and away from the workplace; Advice on designing E-learning.
- E-learning. Inoue, Veronica C. // Human Resources Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the importance of skills acquisition and knowledge development through electronic learning (e-learning) among employees in New Zealand. Advantage of self-paced e-learning when studying a module; Cost-effectiveness of e-learning for human resources professionals; Description of a...
- LAUNCH: HRPA OFFERS ONLINE ACADEMIC PROGRAM. // HR Professional;May/Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p16
The article announces the Human Resources Professionals Association's launch of its Online Academic Program, online version of the Evening Academic Program (EAP) courses that are required for designation for the Certified Human Resources Professional.
- How to get your budget. Naish, Richard // e.learning age;Jul/Aug2003, p18
Presents tips for training and development professionals on how to get budget for their departments at a time when most companies are on tight financial condition. Explanation on how accountants treat e-learning expenses; Discussion on the objectives of businesses; Importance of return on...
- Computer-Based Learning: The Key 'Technology Multiplier' for Technology Transfer. Reynolds, Angus // Training & Development Journal;Oct82, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p64
Discusses the role of computer-assisted instruction in technology transfer for employee training and personnel management. Expansion of availability of training, education and development; Technological multipliers.
- An Apple for the teacher. Moody, Maureen; Whettingsteel, Heidi // Director;Mar2000, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p17
Deals with Internet-based training programs for employees in Great Britain. Findings of a research by Netg on the country's `knowledge economy'; Factors which hinder the training of small and medium-size companies' (SME) employees; Pieces of advice to SME which consider Internet-based training...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Weekes, Sue // Training Magazine;Mar2004, p15
Presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain as of March 2004. Decision of Peter Honey Publications regarding the minimum license for its online development tools; Information on Avalanche media management tool from Trainer 1; Features of an online training resource from BBC...