THE BIG PICTURE
- Can Obama Bring Back the Jobs? Kelly, Brian // U.S. News Digital Weekly;5/10/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p19
The author ponders on whether U.S. President Barack Obama will succeed in bringing down the high unemployment rate by launching a series of Middle Class Jobs and Opportunity Tours in 2013.
- Newt Gingrich says Barack Obama has Killed Jobs in Energy, Manufacturing. // Tennessee Tribune;2/16/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10A
The article reports that U.S. Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, during a news conference on December 5, 2011, commented that U.S. President Barack Obama has killed jobs in virtually every part of American life.
- Quote to Note. // ED Review;9/18/2015, p1
No abstract available.
- Micro over Macro. MACKENZIE, D. W. // Freeman: Ideas on Liberty;Sep2013, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p26
The article focuses on the unemployment benefits that makes difficult situation for unemployed persons to find and accept work. It states the relation between job-vacancy and unemployment rates which shows increases in unemployment are associated with decreases in the rate of job vacancies. It...
- What Rick Perry Can Learn From California. STANFORD, JASON // Progressive Populist;6/15/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p7
The author reflects on Governor Rick Perry's statement regarding the superiority of Texas over California in terms of Job opportunities during U.S. President Barrack Obama's visit to Texas, which offended the citizens of California.
- Seven reasons to stop Keystone XL Pipeline delay. // Wilson County News;4/30/2014, p10A
In this article, the author discusses the reasons of the continued delay of the decision of U.S. president Barack Obama's administration on the Keystone pipeline project which includes job vacancies and economic growth, construction of project with the help of taxpayer, and environmental safety.
- Some Agencies Directed to Consider Temporary Employees for Permanent Promotions. Katz, Eric // Government Executive;1/4/2016, p1
The article reports on a new guidance from U.S. president Barack Obama administration on a law the president signed in 2015, which states some agencies must now consider their seasonal employees when making internal promotions. The Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act can benefit nearly...
- Employers finding it difficult to recruit for highly skilled jobs. // Toledo Business Journal;May2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p30
The article reports on the results of a new poll from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) which unveiled that two-thirds of the companies in the U.S. struggled in recruiting for specific job openings.
- WANTED: SHORTER TIME-TO-HIRE. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Nov2011, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p49
The article focuses on the federal hiring processes in the U.S. It makes reference to streamlining of these procedures as a response to the directive of President Barack Obama in May 2010 to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and other agencies to assess talent and speed up hiring...