Best of both worlds
- Two London boroughs share one HR director. Arkin, Anat // People Management;10/30/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p14
The article reports on an arrangement between the neighbouring south London boroughs of Sutton and Merton to appoint a joint head of human resources (HR). Dean Shoesmith, executive head of HR at Sutton for the past six years, has had an interim role covering both boroughs since his opposite...
- Shared services blueprint for councils. // People Management;4/8/2010, p6
The article reports on the statement issued by Public Sector People Managers' Association (PPMA) president Dean Shoesmith that human resources (HR) has an opportunity to initiate a change in the public sector by implementing shared services.
- Leadership challenge as budget cuts bite. Churchard, Claire // People Management;7/1/2010, p6
The article discusses the implications of the budget cuts imposed by the British government for public-sector organizations. It mentions that public-sector workers earning over 21,000 British pounds will undergo a pay freeze, based on the budget. According to Dean Shoesmith, president of the...
- JWT adds senior talent on new wins. Shaw, Sharon Desker // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/9/2004, p4
This article focuses on J. Walter Thompson Co., that has added to its pool of senior account talent to manage a bumper crop of wins and strong organic growth at its Shanghai office. The new hires will bring the team of senior account and group account directors to six, up from four previously....
- Civil service moves spark pay scale fears. Stevens, Michelle // People Management;4/8/2010, p6
The article reports on the reaction of the public sector experts to the proposed plan of relocating 15,000 civil servants out of London, England. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) performance and reward adviser Charles Cotton shares that the move will not deliver efficiency...
- Outsourcing pioneers must clarify ownership. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;9/24/2002, p2
No abstract available.
- Called in to question. Reilly, Peter // People Management;7/6/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p26
Provides information on the application of human resources shared services. Features of the shared services; Reasons for introducing shared services; Advantages and disadvantages of shared services.
- Shared HR services are not sweat shops. // Personnel Today;11/12/2002, p17
Focuses on the application of shared Human Resource (HR) services in functions related to Human resource. Prerequisites of an ideal shared HR operation; Reluctance of a service center's employees to centralization of the company's activities; Misconceptions regarding the infrastructure of a HR...
- CAREER LADDER. // People Management;Dec2011, p64
The article focuses on Dean Shoesmith, a personnel management executive for the Sutton and Merton Councils, local government organizations for boroughs of London, England. Shoesmith discusses topics including the challenges of personnel management in local government, industrial relations with...