Ball is in mediators' court, says Gibbons
- Alternative dispute resolution of employment conflicts: the search for standards. Dibble, Richard E. // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1997, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p73
Discusses the trend toward wider use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) for setting employment conflict. ADR as an option; Arbitration of employment disputes; Quality standards proposed.
- Challenges to employment ADR: Processes, rather than principles, are at issue. Waks, Jay W.; Roberti, John // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1997, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p85
Comments on the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) tool of pre-dispute employment arbitration. Lack of knowing and voluntary waiver; Understanding which claims have been waived; Procedural and substantive safeguards.
- Alternative dispute resolution gains favor. Redmond, Jack // Inside Tucson Business;9/18/95, Vol. 5 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on developments related to industrial arbitration in the United States. Impact of regulation on management-labor relationship; Opportunity for self-regulation in the business community; Companies' use of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) in resolving industrial relations-related...
- Consolidation, Joinder and Class Actions. Jeydel, Richard // Dispute Resolution Journal;Nov2002-Jan2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p24
Discusses the consolidation, joinder and class actions in the dispute resolution proceedings in the U.S. Requirement of the Federal Arbitration Act; Details on the Revised Uniform Arbitration Act 2000; Information on the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
- Alternatives for Labor Arbitrators. Gershenfeld, Walter J. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Feb98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p53
States that the increase in the number of labor-management arbitrators has caused the labor arbitrators to apply their skills in other areas of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Examination of these areas the labor arbitrators are applying their skills in; Future of labor arbitrators in...
- Using the Project NeutralÂ® Process to Resolve Contentious Disputes. Dieterle, Robert A.; Ramirez, Alann M. // AACE International Transactions;2001, p5.1
Describes the Project Neutral, an alternative dispute resolution technique. Concept of the approach; Resolution procedures involved; Comparison with other dispute resolution methods.
- Designing a Program For Arbitration. Levy, Tracey I. // Management Review;Nov99, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on arbitration, the alternative dispute resolution method that provides legal forum than courts. How arbitration is best used; Disadvantages of arbitration for employers; Procedures in litigation to which arbitration agreements should guarantee.
- Role of arbitration in dispute settlement. Farber, Henry S. // Monthly Labor Review;May81, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p34
Discusses the role of arbitration in dispute settlement. Conventional arbitration; Final-offer arbitration; Incentive for settlement; Major source of arbitration costs.
- Arbitration in the Building Industry In the Netherlands. van Bladel, Etienne // Dispute Resolution Journal;May99, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p42
Presents a step-by-step guide to how arbitration works in the Netherlands and in the building industry. Why arbitration in trade and business has become the norm for resolving commercial disputes; History of arbitration in the Netherlands; Form of agreements in arbitration; Advantages of...