Make Your Networking Count!
- Mining Your Professional Network. COLBECK, TODD // On Wall Street;Jul2013, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p31
The article focuses on taking advantage of professional networks to get referrals. The author says that forming referral alliances is critical for a financial advisor's business and the most worthwhile referrals are from accountants, lawyers and property and casualty agents. The article...
- Practice Tips. Kinder, George; Galvan, Susan // Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p26
Provides tips to financial advisers in improving their professional relationship skills. Reminders to financial advisers in handling their clients' emotional reactions to financial life circumstances; Qualities and characteristics of an effective financial adviser; Skills that need to be...
- Turning Heads. Oechsli, Matt // REP.;Sep2013, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p34
The article offers suggestions for financial advisors to attract affluent investors. It states that one can plan an intimate event is to identify the clients you would like to invite. It mentions that invitation is the most critical part of stimulating affluent buzz around your intimate client...
- FPA 2011 National Conference. // Money Management;11/17/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p18
The article presents the schedule of activities with the presenters of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) 2011 National Conference to be held on November 17-18, 2011.
- NexGen Gathering Is a One-of-a-Kind Experience. Lawson, Derek R. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p8
A letter is presented from a reader describing his experiences at the Financial Planning Association's NextGen Gathering, which took place on June 20-22, 2014.
- Tap Into the NexGen Community for Advice and Support. Brown, Caleb // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan/Feb2012 Practice Solutions, p30
The article presents the author's insights on the 2012 conference of Financial Planning Association (FPA) next generation (NexGen) in San Antonio, Texas which will involve two live events to help connect, reconnect, and recharge.
- The 30-Day Plan. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p35
Offers tips for financial planners on increasing the revenue of their business. Identification of an ideal client for the business; Ways to build trusted personal relationship with clients; Advantages of establishing a systematic referral request process.
- Art of Accounting: Getting by Giving Back. Mendlowitz, Edward // Accountingtoday.com;11/24/2014, p5
The author discusses how the growth of his accounting business can be partly attributed to helping others. Topics addressed include helping others as a form of payback for the help he received from others, realizing that much of his success is a result of help from those who have been in the...
- NEED TO WORK? GET CONNECTED. Yeung, Rob // Accountancy;Mar2009, Vol. 143 Issue 1387, p48
This article discusses the market for consulting contracts and employment in the accounting industry. The importance of building a business network based on genuine social connections is emphasised. The transparency of considering acquaintances as connections in searching for work opportunities...