Grigsby: Renewed Allegations Do Not Help Business Grow
- The tale of the tapes. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed against Calvin Grigsby for allegedly bribing a Miami-Dade County, Florida councilman for bond business. Howard Gary as main witness of the prosecutors; Details of the lawsuit.
- Grigsby gets day in court. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30695, p1
Focuses on the court trial of Calvin Grigsby on charges of bribing two former public officials in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Case background; Allegations of developing a kickback scheme in which former county Commissioner James Burke and aide Billy Hardemon were to receive bribes in exchange...
- Grigsby verdict reached, but withheld. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p36
Presents updates on the criminal trial of underwriter Calvin Grigsby and two former Miami-Dade County, Florida officials. Announcement that a verdict was reached by the jury which was withheld; Disclosure that a decision on two counts against one defendant remains unresolved; Possibility of a...
- IRS chases a Grigsby firm for $4 million in back taxes. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30214, p4
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has begun conducting an investigation for Calvin Grigsby, former head of Fiscal Funding Co., for over $4 million in back taxes the government contends it is owed for the years 1989-1993. Allegations that Fiscal Funding benefited from loan forgiveness...
- Indictments expected in Dade County probe. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p3
Reports that indictments are expected in the US Department of Justice's investigation involving bond dealer Calvin Grigsby and officials of Dade County, Florida. Suspicion that officials helped steer bond business to Grigsby's former firm Grigsby Brandford & Co.; Probe of Florida officials...
- Grigsby indicted again for diverting Dave Port funds. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30407, p1
Discusses the indictment of California bond underwriter Calvin Grigsby, former Miami-Dade County port director Carmen Lunetta and a businessman from Miami for alleged conspiracy and theft of public funds. Important aspects of the federal grand jury's decision; Case involving Gigsby's...
- Grigsby pleads innocent to Miami embezzlement charges. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/09/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30410, p45
Reports that California bond underwriter Calvin Grigsby has entered a plea of innocence to federal charges that he embezzled public money from the Port of Miami in Florida. Grigsby's involvement in port operations through his company Fiscal Operations Inc.; Surety bond posted in January 1998;...
- First considerations when a lawsuit is coming. Molen, Lane // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/18/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 51, Special section p3
The author suggests factors to be considered by business owners when handing lawsuits.
- Grigsby, others innocent of Miami Port theft, judge rules. McEntee, Christopher; Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30657, p36
Reports that bond underwriters Calvin Grigsby, Carmen Lunetta and Neil Harrington have been acquitted of embezzling public funds from Miami-Dade County, Florida's port. Details of the case and the ruling.